60 games left, how man wins will it take?

ChuckS

I say 35 for the second Wild Card spot. That gets you to 87 wins. So 35-25 the rest of the way. That's difficult but achievable.

The Wild Card teams last season had 88 and 89 wins. I think the parity is a little stronger this year so I'm going with 87 to get in.

One thing playing against us is that 25 of our 31 games in September figure to get played against teams that are in playoff contention. Maybe the Rays fall out of it and it's 19 out of 31. Still a tall order to be facing teams playing to win rather ones that are playing for 2016.

What that tells me is we have to clean up in August. If we don't we are in trouble.

The bullpen is going to have to play an even bigger role. With every game being so important we cannot afford to let games get out of hand. DD knows this and that is why we now have two guys with options in the pen. Guys like Wright, Givens, Wilson, Macfarland, Drake, Cabral, Rondon are all going to have to be lights out down the stretch. Keep fresh arms in the pen and fire all bullets at every game and then adjust the roster afterwards.

Damn, 40-20 to finish out? That would be incredible! A .667 clip will be pretty tough, but from your mouth (keyboard) to the baseball gods ears (computers). [emoji2]

Yes it would be a great finish but to look at it from a different perspective, it would also be a 51-36 finish which is still very good but not as outstanding as a .667 pace.

I have no clue...all I know is I envision Toronto, Os and Minnesota fighting for WC2. Don't think houston/laa will fall out of spots.

Someone always gets hot...say 90 wins...maybe 88. Jays and Yankees play each other 13 times so I anticipate that will keep Toronto close. I don't feel like min has capability to run away with it.

Orioles are a great September team because they have a great system for when roster are expanded. The trick is to get through August and that looming west coast trip.

We have the roster to go on a run now. The two bullpen spots with options for fresh arms. Norfolk shuttle baby. I think this was the plan for awhile with the pen. Garcia will be up on the 6th. So just one optionable BP arm for 3 weeks. Then we will get a huge boost come September 1st to show of our minor league depth. Who needs trades when we can add

Givens/Wright

Wilson

Mac

Cabral

Steve Johnson

Gamboa (Just a knuckler chilling in AAA)

Rondon

Clevenger

Navarro

C.Walker

D.Alvarez

J.Lake

H.Urrutia

They might not all come up on the 1st, but adding a quality 3rd catcher, 4-5 BP arms, an extra IF, and a couple OF/DH types will be huge for pinch hitting and defense. Plus Pearce back from the DL and a likely Delmon Young reunion. That's how you can rattle off some wins in Sept.

Archived