Pitching for a playoff series

Bahama O's Fan

If we were starting a playoff series now' date=' what is your rotation?[/quote']

Joe Saunders, obviously.

But seriously...its a tough call. Tillman is #1. Probably then Ubaldo. Picking 2 of Chen, Gonzo, and Gausman...right now I'd lean to Gausman. The Chen/Gonzo decision might come down to the opponent.

Both the Yankees and Angels don't really have huge splits regarding lefty vs righty. The Yankees are actually better against lefties surprisingly. Against the Blue Jays I would only allow one of these 7 pitchers to pitch: Gausman or Jimenez start, one can come on in relief if needed (if they're dominating they can go deep but really only need to go 2 or 3 innings), then I would definitely use Givens, O'Day, and Britton. Brach and Roe are the only other two I would consider using. My reasoning is that the Jays absolutely kill lefties. They're good against righties but not nearly as good as they are against south paws. These 7 pitchers represent our best 7 pitchers against RH hitters. Unconventional, but Tillman has an ERA under 3 against everyone besides Toronto but they have lit him up, Chen is a lefty, and Gonzo has been too inconsistent up to this point and gives up too many homers.

So...

Jimenez/Gausman get the start

Definitely use out of the pen:

Givens

DOD

Britton

If needed:

Gausman/Jimenez (whoever doesn't start)

Brach

Roe

Archived