Can't win with a bunch of # 3 # 4 types

ChuckS

They are just too inconsistent. We truly caught lightning in a bottle last season. Tillman, Gonzo, and Norris all had career years and were bound for regression.

With no impact SP on the horizon we need to throw some money at one of the aces on the market this offseason. Sign David Price (7/175) and a mid-tier OF like Fowler or Parra (4/45) and call it a day.

Let everyone else walk. With the money coming off the books we would still be under budget with these signings and can work on a long term contract for Manny. No more patch work. Let's fix the holes with some permanent solutions and it starts with filling the biggest one.

They are just too inconsistent. We truly caught lightning in a bottle last season. Tillman, Gonzo, and Norris all had career years and were bound for regression.

With no impact SP on the horizon we need to throw some money at one of the aces on the market this offseason. Sign David Price (7/175) and a mid-tier OF like Fowler or Parra (4/45) and call it a day.

Let everyone else walk. With the money coming off the books we would still be under budget with these signings and can work on a long term contract for Manny. No more patch work. Let's fix the holes with some permanent solutions and it starts with filling the biggest one.

That's the Orioles FO philosophy. Try to work wonders as cheaply as possible while not building a farm system nor supplementing the core we've already got.

AAAA talent is the mantra of DD. He tries to make an art form out of dumpster diving, but all the perfume in the world can't make these stinkers into a legit contender. We HAD the squad we needed last year and all they had to do was keep Cruz and Miller and then sign a SP.

That's ALL we needed to do and DD didn't do it.

Now, it looks like the end of the 2015 run is coming soon.

MSK

That's the Orioles FO philosophy. Try to work wonders as cheaply as possible while not building a farm system nor supplementing the core we've already got.

AAAA talent is the mantra of DD. He tries to make an art form out of dumpster diving, but all the perfume in the world can't make these stinkers into a legit contender. We HAD the squad we needed last year and all they had to do was keep Cruz and Miller and then sign a SP.

That's ALL we needed to do and DD didn't do it.

Now, it looks like the end of the 2015 run is coming soon.

MSK

I disagree when we selected Matusz as the first overall pitcher taken we didn't expect him to be a LOOGY. When we drafted Gasuman 4th overall we didn't expect him to be a non impact player. We didn't expect Bundy and Hobgood to stay in the minors.

Townsend, Loewen, Smith, Hale, Paradis, Stahl.

It's not like we don't try.

I disagree when we selected Matusz as the first overall pitcher taken we didn't expect him to be a LOOGY. When we drafted Gasuman 4th overall we didn't expect him to be a non impact player. We didn't expect Bundy and Hobgood to stay in the minors.

It seems like there's some kind of disconnect in our scouting and player development. We just haven't produced a lot of talent internally over the last few years.

MSK

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Ssssssshhhhhh don't you know we developed Sydney Ponson and Eric Bedard....take that

Its way to early though to call KG a "non-impact" player IMO

Ssssssshhhhhh don't you know we developed Sydney Ponson and Eric Bedard....take that

Its way to early though to call KG a "non-impact" player IMO

I'm just saying that so far he's been a non impact player. I hope he figures it out.

So we've drafted three impact pitchers in the last 25 years. And that's being generous by calling Ponson an impact player.

It seems like there's some kind of disconnect in our scouting and player development. We just haven't produced a lot of talent internally over the last few years.

MSK

I'd argue that over the last ten years our minor league systems has produced a shameful # of impact players that are still with the team other than Machado, Wieters, and Britton with the first two essentially being can't miss guys. Schoop and Gausman may join that list but for now they are still in the show me phase.

Maybe things will improve in another five years, but for now FA has to be the route to go to make this team better. I feel like we've been treading water the past couple season and are getting ready to drown if we don't make some radical changes.

Pitching staff has the 7th most WAR in the second half. Granted that's mostly because the bullpen has been the best in the majors but still, the pitching hasn't been bad and they've also gotten very rotten luck in BABIP (compared to their previous years) and HR/FB%. Their peripherals are better than their ERA.

Pitching staff has the 7th most WAR in the second half. Granted that's mostly because the bullpen has been the best in the majors but still, the pitching hasn't been bad and they've also gotten very rotten luck in BABIP (compared to their previous years) and HR/FB%. Their peripherals are better than their ERA.

This may be one of those seasons where you have sit back and realize that starting pitching is the most important part of baseball.

This may be one of those seasons where you have sit back and realize that starting pitching is the most important part of baseball.

They won't sign, we can't develop SPs. I have no idea what's going to happen this coming offseason. All I know is that when folks complain about the lack of movement come December 2015, fewer folks will jump in to blindly defend the front office.

I can't wait for this offseason. THEN we'll see who advocates for the Orioles to be winners and who just likes to argue in defense of unsustainable team building practices.

MSK

They won't sign, we can't develop SPs. I have no idea what's going to happen this coming offseason. All I know is that when folks complain about the lack of movement come December 2015, fewer folks will jump in to blindly defend the front office.

I can't wait for this offseason. THEN we'll see who advocates for the Orioles to be winners and who just likes to argue in defense of unsustainable team building practices.

MSK

What do you think the FO should do? As a mid market team what are the options when coveted free agents hit the market?

Archived