Any Bullets Left?.....Or Going Down In Flames?

olehippi

This is what happens when you allow players like Cruz,Markaksis and Miller to leave .

If you don't wanna pay the money then expect a mediocre team in MLB .

You can't tell me that even having just Cruz of that group gives us another 6-10 wins .

I don't know how many wins...but I think it might have to do with the big negative swing in the one run games.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't know how many wins...but I think it might have to do with the big negative swing in the one run games.

It absolutely does . Cruz was clutch .

Here's how I conservatively see it :

Cruz= 5 more wins

Markaksis- 2 more wins

Miller - 3 more wins

10 games over 500 right now and likely playoff bound .

You can't lose the type of talent we lost and expect to compete for the playoffs . I knew when we lost this talent we would be a mediocre team this year

???.....you posted up four Bullets player cards under Scott's "4 bullets" post, which you referenced. I'm confused. What needs to be fixed or amended??

The quote is not completed, so "

" is showing instead of the appropriate "[Originally Posted by OFFNY]", and it is not at the top of the quote.

You can re-copy and paste my quote to fix it ........ or you can just leave it, it's not a big deal either way. ;)

Patrick

We missed Cruz pretty bad this year. Hard to replace that, I think it would've been worth the money for the run with the team we shoulda coulda.

We will waste it anyway.

Cruz- 38 homers,79 rbi's,.317 batting average as of 8/26

Yep missing him is an understatement.

It absolutely does . Cruz was clutch .

Here's how I conservatively see it :

Cruz= 5 more wins

Markaksis- 2 more wins

Miller - 3 more wins

10 games over 500 right now and likely playoff bound .

You can't lose the type of talent we lost and expect to compete for the playoffs . I knew when we lost this talent we would be a mediocre team this year

Yes, they should have a 160 million dollar payroll for sure. Angelos is rich dangit!

Best year of his career by far at the age of 35. I'm sure you predicted it.

Still 3 years left on the deal...

Yeah I predicted it . He will have another monster year next year .

Angelos has the money . He's just cheap and we will never have a consistent winner with him as owner .

We will have a year like last year followed by years of garbage

Just look at his pattern since he's been owner . Nuff said

Best year of his career by far at the age of 35. I'm sure you predicted it.

Still 3 years left on the deal...

Regardless, DD knew we were losing 40 HRs and 100-plus RBI that Cruz supplied in 2014. If the braintrust didn't think Cruz could provide those numbers, they certainly should've gone out and gotten someone who they thought could fill that gaping hole in the lineup. Instead, we got Travis Snider. Nolan Reimold. Chris Parmelee. I must be forgetting the big bat they added to replace the aging, overpriced Cruz.

What. A. Joke.

Archived