Any Bullets Left?.....Or Going Down In Flames?

olehippi

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The only thing wrong with the thread title is that "going down in flames" implies much more drama and excitement than this team can provide right now. There is nothing more boring and depressing than watching a team that can't score runs, night after night.

They will...but by then it will be too late.

The thread that says we're 2 (or 2.5) games down in the wild card was from early June. That's two and a half months ago. They take a step up, a step back. Two steps up, two and a half steps back. I just don't see it. I love the team and many of the guys are big favorites of mine. I will keep watching, keep pulling, but we do have a large enough sample size now, right? They are a team that hovers around .500. I'll be thrilled if they go on a run, but after a six game skid (not long after a 4 game winning streak), I really can't reliably say it'll make up much ground with the scant time left and the hole they've put themselves in.

This team needs a SP performance out of nowhere. Like Gausman to just go on a run. Or someone like Doyle come up from AAA and pitch to a 3 ERA for the rest of the year. We need to just bring up SJ and every night yank the SP as soon as they get into trouble and go to Brach, Givens, SJ.

Gausman has been on a run. In his last six starts, he has pitched 7 or more innings four times, six innings twice, and 5.2 innings in the other start. And, in five of those starts he gave up 3 or fewer runs. Yet, in those six games, he is 1-3, with two no decisions. The problem is - no runs!. The Orioles scored 3 or fewer runs in 4 of those games.

As for the BP, they are wearing down. Some fresh arms in September will help that, but it might be too late.

This team has what it needs to compete. I don't blame Dan for one minute for this mess. The pitchers need to pitch better and the coaching staff needs to coax it out of them. We need timely hitting. It's a rough patch right now. Things were gloomy, then we swept the A's and everything was amazing, and then we lost five and it was gloomy again.

You make the point that others are saying in different ways......this team lacks the consistency to win.

o

I only have 4 Bullets left, but I'm going to make a run to the beer store very soon now. All is well.

41C3%2BKjsPqL.jpgOOOOOOOOOOo 81uZQMLU%2BIL._SY355_.jpg

2021-15Fr.jpgOOOOOOOOOOo chenier1972topps.jpg

You've got four bullets, and I've got the gun....with "pearl handles!!

49960512783dc16a0792e0094db41411.jpg

You need to fix/amend your quote of me.

Archived