Would you fire Duquette?  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Would you fire Duquette?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My issue with Duquette is that he's now had 4 years to revamp our player development process. And I'm not seeing any fruits of it. If anything I'm actually seeing huge red flags. I feel 100% that Duquette has screwed Gausman every step of the way.

This! This! And some more of this!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone who picked before the Orioles. He fell in to our laps. And almost did not sign. In fact, Andy wanted to walk away at 11:44.

Except the Rays. I think Price over Wieters was the right pick.

Then they could have picked Posey the next year and didn't.

Because they didn't want to spend.

Why not fire Buck? He started the season with the same pitching staff that did so well last season, and, with the additions of Davis and a healthy Machado, had a better team of position players than he did at the end of last season and the playoffs. If there is going to be any finger-pointing, why not point to the guy who didn't get the most out of his players? This team was in first place in early July and has not suffered any serious injuries since then. How is the GM responsible for the complete collapse of this team?

He rode the wave? Which wave? The one that kept missing the playoffs and would have hired Eric Wedge in place of Buck? The fact that McPhail gets any credit beyond acquiring Jones/Tillman and Hardy in trades astounds me. He didn't do much else.

Behold the theme for this year's off season. Selective and revisionist history in the service of Duquette's lynching.

I can hardly wait.

Macphail did some good things, DD has done some good things, Buck has done many good things...and we have won more than ever since 1997. It is not an either/or situation. Andy had very positive trades, he was not so good at international signings- he let Miguel Sano slip to the Twins because he philosophically was against these types of signings. DD has done well with picking up bargain pieces that caught lightning in a bottle- Chen, Darren O'Day, Gonzalez, Pearce. But DD's performance and decisions this last winter and throughout this season have been AWFUL. Make no mistake...another offseason like that and he should be canned, just like Ben Cherington.

Why not fire Buck? He started the season with the same pitching staff that did so well last season, and, with the additions of Davis and a healthy Machado, had a better team of position players than he did at the end of last season and the playoffs. If there is going to be any finger-pointing, why not point to the guy who didn't get the most out of his players? This team was in first place in early July and has not suffered any serious injuries since then. How is the GM responsible for the complete collapse of this team?

Because the GM didn't do anything to make the team better. He arguably made them worse. He's done nothing to supplant organization depth in a meaningful way. He has put barriers to success for our top prospects. He has implemented policies to eliminate strength pitches (cutter) from our prospects (see: Bundy, see: Tillman, see: Arrieta).

If Buck's given a starting rotation that has completely blown up...that's not his fault. Norris, Tillman and Gonzalez have destroyed this team this year. Not having a properly developed Gausman put the final nail in the coffin.

My issue with Duquette is that he's now had 4 years to revamp our player development process. And I'm not seeing any fruits of it. If anything I'm actually seeing huge red flags. I feel 100% that Duquette has screwed Gausman every step of the way.

Not sure what I think about Gausman, but that's a fair point overall. The farm system seems weaker now than it was when Duquette took over, and not just because we've graduated some good players during that span. That's definitely a disappointment of Duquette's tenure.

Behold the theme for this year's off season. Selective and revisionist history in the service of Duquette's lynching.

I can hardly wait.

Can we call a spade a spade? MacPhail had warts, but he's been lynched in favour of Duquette. Now we're seeing severe warts by Duquette...and he's getting a lot of leeway and instead blame is largely being placed on Angelos.

Macphail did some good things, DD has done some good things, Buck has done many good things...and we have won more than ever since 1997. It is not an either/or situation. Andy had very positive trades, he was not so good at international signings- he let Miguel Sano slip to the Twins because he philosophically was against these types of signings. DD has done well with picking up bargain pieces that caught lightning in a bottle- Chen, Darren O'Day, Gonzalez, Pearce. But DD's performance and decisions this last winter and throughout this season have been AWFUL. Make no mistake...another offseason like that and he should be canned, just like Ben Cherington.

Ben got fired for doing WAY too much. And spending WAY too much. Way too much and way too poorly.

Because the GM didn't do anything to make the team better. He arguably made them worse. He's done nothing to supplant organization depth in a meaningful way. He has put barriers to success for our top prospects. He has implemented policies to eliminate strength pitches (cutter) from our prospects (see: Bundy, see: Tillman, see: Arrieta).

If Buck's given a starting rotation that has completely blown up...that's not his fault. Norris, Tillman and Gonzalez have destroyed this team this year. Not having a properly developed Gausman put the final nail in the coffin.

This is total garbage based on your bias against Duquette. That's all.

Can we call a spade a spade? MacPhail had warts, but he's been lynched in favour of Duquette. Now we're seeing severe warts by Duquette...and he's getting a lot of leeway and instead blame is largely being placed on Angelos.

Who's blaming Angelos in all of this? I was on his side in the off season.

Archived