Frobby

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

o

Postgame Notes: "Well, That Sucks"

(By Chad Jennings)

http://yankees.lhblogs.com/2015/09/08/postgame-notes-348/

“Well, that sucks,” Brendan Ryan said, when told the Blue Jays had finally taken a lead. “But we still have to win. We can’t have them lose every game and we win one game and we’re in. You just try to win as many as you can. It’s definitely that point in the year where we’re scoreboard watching. It doesn’t help with guys getting hurt and stuff. It’s just bad luck. We’ve still got to compete. You never know. We like this team; we like each other. It’s an easy clubhouse to come to every day. Positive thinking.”

I would NEVER EVER root for the Yankees in ANY circumstance.

Me neither. And it's not because of who is on the team. It's because their fan base has enjoyed too much success, and is spoiled and smug. I would like their fans to go through a 14-year losing drought like we did, and then see how many of those fans remain. They've had far too much happiness and they take it for granted.

For the same reason, I'd easily root for the Jays over the Yankees. I don't like a few of their players, but I sympathize with their fans, who haven't experienced a playoff game in 22 years. Their loyal fans deserve some reward for their loyalty.

Putting aside head-to-head, I'd root for Houston or Texas over either of our AL East foes. I'd root for the Royals over the Yankees, but I'd have to think about it if it were Royals-Blue Jays.

Me neither. And it's not because of who is on the team. It's because their fan base has enjoyed too much success, and is spoiled and smug. I would like their fans to go through a 14-year losing drought like we did, and then see how many of those fans remain. They've had far too much happiness and they take it for granted.

For the same reason, I'd easily root for the Jays over the Yankees. I don't like a few of their players, but I sympathize with their fans, who haven't experienced a playoff game in 22 years. Their loyal fans deserve some reward for their loyalty.

Putting aside head-to-head, I'd root for Houston or Texas over either of our AL East foes. I'd root for the Royals over the Yankees, but I'd have to think about it if it were Royals-Blue Jays.

I want Cardinals fans to go through the same 14-year drought. Same with the San Antonio Spurs in the NBA. I rarely root against individual players, but I readily root against fanbases. And those who have seen nothing but success deserve some failure mixed in to test their mettle. I hated Toronto growing up because they were so dominant and talented, but I will happily root for them in the AL this year. I was at the Os game on Friday night in Toronto and sat around a lot of Jays fans. It was a good night for us, but they were very excited about their team in general and the place was packed. I am not going to pull for Houston or Texas because I don't think either of these teams is actually that good.

If the Orioles had a deeper farm system, I would be rooting for the Orioles to finish the season with a winning record. However, that is not the case. They badly need that protected draft pick to help the farm system while still having the ability to sign free agents without giving away compensation. It's the only way the team will improve next year and for the foreseeable future.

Then we should never sign any free agent that cost a pick. Ever. Just let everyone walk with a QO always and never sign anyon other than the second tier guys.

Teams I will root for in the post season:

The Cubs: Id like to see Arrietta do well.Good guy. Wish him the very best.

Dodgers: I LOVE Kershaw. Former honoree for my charity. Terrific person and ultimately going to be better than Sandy.

Astros:They built their team on smarts and not on money

Angels: They won't get there, but if they do, Trout and Pujols are worth watching.

I will NOT root for any AL EAST team. I am bitter and dispirited.No way I'd root for the Royals either. I find them annoying and arrogant.Rangers? Nah. Twins? Dont make me laugh.

I believe the Cubs/ Blue Jays would or could be the World Series showdown. Rats. It should've been us. We couldda been a contendah.

Cubs won't get past Cardinals in NL. They dominated Cards today and still lost because Cards came back in 8th....that is what Big Brother does. Hang them with a painful loss as they leave town after what should have been a sweep. Kershaw is great but in October, the Cardinals OWN him. My fear is the Yankees will win the pennant. Not because they are the best team, which on paper they clearly are not. But because of matchups. No way Texas or Houston goes into New York in the wild card game and wins that one. So then you have the Royals probably facing the NL West winner and the Yankees facing the Jays. Jays are much better on paper, but Toronto is new to the playoff scene and the Yankees don't usually lose to newbies in October. Royals could beat them I suppose, but that is about it.

Teams I will root for in the post season:

The Cubs: Id like to see Arrietta do well.Good guy. Wish him the very best.

Dodgers: I LOVE Kershaw. Former honoree for my charity. Terrific person and ultimately going to be better than Sandy.

Astros:They built their team on smarts and not on money

Angels: They won't get there, but if they do, Trout and Pujols are worth watching.

I will NOT root for any AL EAST team. I am bitter and dispirited.No way I'd root for the Royals either. I find them annoying and arrogant.Rangers? Nah. Twins? Dont make me laugh.

I believe the Cubs/ Blue Jays would or could be the World Series showdown. Rats. It should've been us. We couldda been a contendah.

The Pirates, Cubs and Astros because it's been a while (or a long while) and they're not the Blue Jays or the Mets. It took me a long time after 1979 to stop disliking Pittsburgh, but I got there.

I honestly don't have a feeling one way or the other regarding the Yankees this year. To me there's about 1,000 more compelling reasons to dislike the Jays than the Yankees, and it's been that way for about 3 years now.

Assuming the Yankees and Jays reach the playoffs, and play each other, I'm absolutely rooting for the Yankees.

Sorry Dan-O, but I am happy to say that is a sentence I will never type, speak, text, snapchat or tweet.... I would prefer if some non lethal illness would succumb both teams simultaneously and last long enough that MLB declares they must just be skipped for the playoff's. Is that too much to ask?

Archived