Jones - "I'm not an accountant...You Have to Spend Some of the Money"

TonySoprano

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love, love, love that Jones is putting pressure on the FO to open up the checkbook and sign some quality players. The guy is a winner. He's been nothing short of a true team leader since he got here.

We'll see what happens...

Wow the 80's.

I don't recall ever hearing about that at the time, but the mid-80's was a kinda baseball black hole for me so who knows. I know some sure enough crazy stuff used to happen in the days before the internet and smart phones when people had time on their hands.

Too much time!

[video=youtube;5XcKBmdfpWs]

Ah, yes, I knew I hadn't invented that out of whole cloth. But I really didn't remember Wilson being in the deal. In retrospect it might have been better to have substituted Leonard. His career disintegrated about that time, but at least he didn't go to jail.

If you are implying that Willie Wilson went to prison, you are incorrect.

Perhaps you are confusing him with Willie Aikens?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

I love, love, love that Jones is putting pressure on the FO to open up the checkbook and sign some quality players. The guy is a winner. He's been nothing short of a true team leader since he got here.

We'll see what happens...

How about putting pressure on Davis to take a reasonable deal?

Ah, yes, I knew I hadn't invented that out of whole cloth. But I really didn't remember Wilson being in the deal. In retrospect it might have been better to have substituted Leonard. His career disintegrated about that time, but at least he didn't go to jail.

If you are implying that Willie Wilson went to prison, you are incorrect.

Perhaps you are confusing him with Willie Aikens?

That's correct.

Willie Mays Aikens is the only player ever to have had multiple home runs games in the same World Series (1980, Game One and Game Four.)

I read a very interesting article about Aikens' life after he was released from prison in 2008. It talked about Aikens' long prison sentence, and why he was in (jail) for such a long time ...... because of the tougher laws that had been enacted just prior to his arrest, he was sentenced as though he had 15 or 20 pounds of cocaine on him even though he was carrying a much smaller amount, and was not trafficking said drugs.

After working as a construction man for 3 years between 2008 and 2011, the Royals hired him as a minor league coach.

That's correct.

Willie Mays Aikens is the only player ever to have had multiple home runs games in the same World Series (1980, Game One and Game Four.)

I read a very interesting article about Aikens' life after he was released from prison in 2008. It talked about Aikens' long prison sentence, and why he was in (jail) for such a long time ...... because of the tougher laws that had been enacted just prior to his arrest, he was sentenced as though he had 15 or 20 pounds of cocaine on him even though he had a much smaller amount on him, and was not a drug trafficker.

After working as a construction man for 3 years between 2008 and 2011, the Royals hired him as a minor league coach.

Glad to hear Uncle Willie is doing well. (I call him that because we share a last name).

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Archived