2015 ALDS: Rangers vs. Blue Jays

OFFNY

Rangers had the worst record in the AL last year.
Trying to pull one out of the Red Sox's book

They had possibly the worst season regarding injuries in baseball history last year. They were much healthier this year. They still played over their heads (team OPS+ 98, team ERA+ 100, pythag 83-79)

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I watched the game with a sinking feeling that one of the Jays' sluggers were going to end it with one swing in the bottom of the 9th, then 10th, right on through the 13th. I was prepared to get sick watching Joey Bats and co jumping up and down in walk-off fashion. I was so happy to see the Rangers pull it out in the 14th in front of Toronto fans. I hope the Rangers deliver a quick and merciless end to the Jays' ALCS hopes next game.

The 1985 Cardinals won the first 2 games of the World Series on the road, and lost.

The 1986 Red Sox won the first 2 games of the World Series, and lost.

Those were the first 2 times ever that a team won the first 2 games of a postseason series on the road, and lost.

I'm not sure if it has happened since (in a best-of-7 format, which both of those series were.)

It is strange that in over 80 years (1903-1984) it had never happened, and then it happened in 2 consecutive years when it finally did.

Even stranger, the following season, another major first happened in the World Series ...... it was the first time ever that the home team won each and every game of the World Series (the Twins over the Cardinals.)

3 consecutive years of something major happening that had never happened in more than 80 previous years ...... Ripley's Believe it or Not. :eektf:

Didn't Atlanta win the first two games of the 1996 WS in Yankee Stadium and then lost the WS?

The 1985 Cardinals won the first 2 games of the World Series on the road, and lost.

The 1986 Red Sox won the first 2 games of the World Series, and lost.

Those were the first 2 times ever that a team won the first 2 games of a postseason series on the road, and lost.

I'm not sure if it has happened since (in a best-of-7 format, which both of those series were.)

It is strange that in over 80 years (1903-1984) it had never happened, and then it happened in 2 consecutive years when it finally did.

Even stranger, the following season, another major first happened in the World Series ...... it was the first time ever that the home team won each and every game of the World Series (the Twins over the Cardinals.)

3 consecutive years of something major happening that had never happened in more than 80 previous years ...... Ripley's Believe it or Not. :eektf:

Didn't Atlanta win the first two games of the 1996 WS in Yankee Stadium and then lost the WS?

ooo Yes.

I watched the game with a sinking feeling that one of the Jays' sluggers were going to end it with one swing in the bottom of the 9th, then 10th, right on through the 13th. I was prepared to get sick watching Joey Bats and co jumping up and down in walk-off fashion. I was so happy to see the Rangers pull it out in the 14th in front of Toronto fans. I hope the Rangers deliver a quick and merciless end to the Jays' ALCS hopes next game.

It would be so nice -- I could enjoy the rest of the playoffs knowing I won't feel sour about the champs (even KC).

o

GAME THREE

TORONTO BLUE JAYS

Ben Revere - LF

Josh Donaldson - 3B

Jose Bautista - RF

Edwin Encarnacion - DH

Chris Colabello - 1B

Troy Tulowitzki - SS

Dioner Navarro - C

Kevin Pillar - CF

Ryan Goins - 2B

Marco Rene Estrada - RHP (13-8, 3.13 ERA)

TEXAS RANGERS

Delino DeShields, Jr. - CF

Shin-Soo Choo - RF

Prince Fielder - DH

Mitch Moreland - 1B

Elvis Andrus - SS

Josh Hamilton - LF

Rougned Odor - 2B

Robinson Chirinos - C

Hanser Alberto - 3B

Martin Perez Jimenez - LHP (3-6, 4.46 ERA)

http://www.baseballpress.com/lineups

Reposting between game threads. :P

Wow! FOX guys HOTLY arguing "The Slide". Pete Rose and Big Hurt against... I don't recognize him.

Rose makes a good point. A good throw to Tejada and he doesn't end up with his back to Utley.

Pete Rose is like FOX's Rick Dempsey. Coming up after the break...

Reposting between game threads. :P

Pete Rose is like FOX's Rick Dempsey. Coming up after the break...

I think it is probably neither here nor there in regards to the broader debate, but a complicating factor is the fact that Tejada was in position to record a put out at first base, not a double play. One of the reasons he was so seriously hurt was the fact that he couldn't get out of the way until it was too late.

Archived