2015 ALDS: Rangers vs. Blue Jays

OFFNY

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've never seen a whinier bunch of ball-players in major league uniforms than the Jays.

They look like NBA players out there sobbing after every pitch. And they have the fan-base to match it. It's embarrassing some of the plays that they decide to boo.

They are like an NBA team.

o

Jake Diekman was a quiet hero in today's game.

He entered the game in the 7th inning with his team ahead by 2 runs.

He retired all 6 batters that he faced ...... 6 up, 6 down.

He also recorded all 6 outs while throwing only 16 pitches ....... 14 for strikes, and only 2 for balls.

Diekman came up big again in the very next game.

This time, he entered in an even more pressurized portion of the contest than the previous one, coming into a tie game in the bottom of the 9th inning.

And once again, he retired all 6 batters that he faced ...... 6 up, 6 down.

Of the 6 outs that he recorded, 2 were via the strikeout, 2 via the groundball, 1 popout, and 1 flyout.

And it comes as NO surprise that the Jays are ALWAYS in the middle of some altercation, though I'm not sure you can fault Donaldson on that one. Strange.

Was trying to figure out that sequence. Looked like Donaldson chirped to the mounding immediately after he turned his head after seeing the ball go foul. What did the pitcher do when his head was turned (and in all that crowd noise to even hear) to prompt that?

And it comes as NO surprise that the Jays are ALWAYS in the middle of some altercation, though I'm not sure you can fault Donaldson on that one. Strange.

He screamed "f you" at the kid four time before he reacted and walked off the mound.

Archived