2015 ALDS: Rangers vs. Blue Jays

OFFNY

Was trying to figure out that sequence. Looked like Donaldson chirped to the mounding immediately after he turned his head after seeing the ball go foul. What did the pitcher do when his head was turned (and in all that crowd noise to even hear) to prompt that?

I'm pretty sure the pitcher was a little miffed because Donaldson was posing with his follow-through and watching his drive from the box. Probly told him to run or to stop watching and get ready for the next pitch.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm pretty sure the pitcher was a little miffed because Donaldson was posing with his follow-through and watching his drive from the box. Probly told him to run or to stop watching and get ready for the next pitch.

Thought it could be that, but on the replay, could not see the pitcher's lips or body language from behind. Can't imagine being able to hear anything a pitcher would say while folks are screaming, thinking it's the walk-off.

Thought it could be that, but on the replay, could not see the pitchers lips or body language from behind. Can't imagine being able to hear anything a pitcher would say while folks are screaming, thinking it's the walk-off.

I'm also 100% sure that Donaldson wasn't saying "F You" to the pitcher for making his ball go foul. It had to be the pitcher mouthing off first.

I'm also 100% sure that Donaldson wasn't saying "F You" to the pitcher for making his ball go foul. It had to be the pitcher mouthing off first.

Not convinced. But we'll hear it post game. Seems to the TV guys that it was him complaining of quick pitching him, not something he said. Didn't appear to be saying anything to Donaldson after repeated showings. Was walking to ump to get a new ball.

Teams that win 1st 2 games on road in best-of-5 postseason series win series 93% of time (27-2) via @EliasSports

The 1985 Cardinals won the first 2 games of the World Series on the road, and lost.

The 1986 Red Sox won the first 2 games of the World Series, and lost.

Those were the first 2 times ever that a team won the first 2 games of a postseason series on the road, and lost.

I'm not sure if it has happened since (in a best-of-7 format, which both of those series were.)

It is strange that in over 80 years (1903-1984) it had never happened, and then it happened in 2 consecutive years when it finally did.

Even stranger, the following season, another major first happened in the World Series ...... it was the first time ever that the home team won each and every game of the World Series (the Twins over the Cardinals.)

3 consecutive years of something major happening that had never happened in more than 80 previous years ...... Ripley's Believe it or Not. :eektf:

o

Jake Diekman was a quiet hero in today's game.

He entered the game in the 7th inning with his team ahead by 2 runs.

He retired all 6 batters that he faced ...... 6 up, 6 down.

He also recorded all 6 outs while throwing only 16 pitches ....... 14 for strikes, and only 2 for balls.

Diekman came up big again in the very next game.

This time, he entered in an even more pressurized portion of the contest than the previous one, coming into a tie game in the bottom of the 9th inning.

And once again, he retired all 6 batters that he faced ...... 6 up, 6 down.

Of the 6 outs that he recorded, 2 were via the strikeout, 2 via the groundball, 1 popout, and 1 flyout.

And an outstanding job by the Rangers' bullpen overall today, as well.

7 Shutout Innings.

2 Hits (both Singles.)

2 Walks.

9 Strikeouts.

100 Pitches (66 Strikes, 34 Balls.)

Archived