Should the O's consider signing Stephen Drew to back up Hardy for 2 years?

mdbdotcom

We have a limited amount of money to spend and I don't want to waste any of it on Stephen Drew. I'd rather just stick with Ryan Flaherty who's younger and costs next to nothing.

Even though he can't make the throws from SS and 3B consistently? His arm just isn't strong enough. I'd go with Janish over Flaherty. He can pick it and throw it (and he will cost less than flash).

Yeah, I think so. :)

I kind of doubt it... We'll never know, but I think Cruz at short would probably make 50 or 75 errors and have about half of Derek Jeter's range. I'm thinking his performance would be pretty catastrophic. I could see almost run a game - the linear weights value of a single is a little less than half a run and he might let two balls past a game that a decent SS wouldn't. I think it's plausible that he might be a -150 shortstop. Unfortunately MLB teams are loathe to use themselves as science projects.

We have a limited amount of money to spend and I don't want to waste any of it on Stephen Drew. I'd rather just stick with Ryan Flaherty who's younger and costs next to nothing.
Even though he can't make the throws from SS and 3B consistently? His arm just isn't strong enough. I'd go with Janish over Flaherty. He can pick it and throw it (and he will cost less than flash).

Yea, but is an arm worth more than Flaherty's veteranocity? He's now been in two postseasons!

I kind of doubt it... We'll never know, but I think Cruz at short would probably make 50 or 75 errors and have about half of Derek Jeter's range. I'm thinking his performance would be pretty catastrophic. I could see almost run a game - the linear weights value of a single is a little less than half a run and he might let two balls past a game that a decent SS wouldn't. I think it's plausible that he might be a -150 shortstop. Unfortunately MLB teams are loathe to use themselves as science projects.

That's what I meant... he would be at least minus 70, meaning at least that far below zero. :).

Archived