Offseason Rumors and Deals Around MLB

neveradoubt

Hopefully.

But I don't see them going anywhere near 8/200.

The only way I see Crush getting 8/200 is if Dave Dombrowksi was still in the Detroit front office. Since he isn't, and the Bosox have a budget, I'm not seeing it anywhere. Not even Texas if they move Fielder. I think either Davis got some bad advice, or he really doesn't want to be back in Baltimore.

-Don

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Question is will they offer more than $150MM...IMO I doubt it they are not usually a team to overpay. More likely they move on to Upton/Gordon
I sure wish we would do that. But PA loves him some CD. I bet if it were up to DD, Upton would be an O now.

Lesson for Chris Davis: Heyward takes less to play for Cubs.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Cubs are believed to have gotten heyward for less than $200M. Apparently taking less to be at addison and clark. <a href="https://twitter.com/GDubCub">@GDubCub</a> 1st</p>— Jon Heyman (@JonHeymanCBS) <a href="

">December 11, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

If you're implying that Davis should accept less to stay with the O's you should probably re-think that. Heyward might be taking less to play for a legitimate contender, which the O's are not.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">One reason the Cubs could be so aggressive is Heyward's age. Cubs TV deal should start in 2020. So a longer deal lets them spread out the $</p>— Jayson Stark (@jaysonst) <a href="

">December 11, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

The only way I see Crush getting 8/200 is if Dave Dombrowksi was still in the Detroit front office. Since he isn't, and the Bosox have a budget, I'm not seeing it anywhere. Not even Texas if they move Fielder. I think either Davis got some bad advice, or he really doesn't want to be back in Baltimore.

-Don

The thing is, smart baseball teams do not see anywhere near that kind of value in a one dimensional player like Chris Davis. Chicks might did the long ball, but baseball people know that the long ball is not the end all- be all. Guys that go long stretches, months on end, even complete seasons (2014) as black holes in the #4 spot of your lineup....Thats not condusive to winning.

The thing is, smart baseball teams do not see anywhere near that kind of value in a one dimensional player like Chris Davis. Chicks might did the long ball, but baseball people know that the long ball is not the end all- be all. Guys that go long stretches, months on end, even complete seasons (2014) as black holes in the #4 spot of your lineup....Thats not condusive to winning.

The Royals recipe (decent starters, dominant bullpen, good contact hitters and defense) seems to work. Why not mimic that?

I sure wish we would do that. But PA loves him some CD. I bet if it were up to DD, Upton would be an O now.

I like CD as well but Upton seems to fit better with whats remaining on the Market....if you need a Lefty bad get alverez and Hyun-soo Kim. We already have a 1B bat in Trumbo

The Royals recipe (decent starters, dominant bullpen, good contact hitters and defense) seems to work. Why not mimic that?

We can try, but it takes a while, contact hitters and speed guys are what everyone wants right now. Astros and Cubs made decent runs with power/swing and miss line-ups too - Mets were great starting pitching. More than one way to go, but athletic contact hitters are not in abundance.

-Don

Archived