Get to know Yovani Gallardo

weams

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Big step backwards for Gallardo in terms of challenging the hitters. Way too much nibbling out there.

Struggled through the 1st, then cruised for the next three. Made a perfect pitch to Travis that could have been the second out, but he didn't get the call and then just imploded after that. Also Givens could have picked him up but failed terribly. It would be one thing if he got lit up from the beginning, but it's almost more frustrating that he got us through 4 unscathed against a very tough lineup and couldn't find a way to get us the win.

Personally I've had it with Givens. Must be someone better than him in this wretched farm system of ours.

We could have traded him earlier in the year for a ransom.

I think you are overreacting on him. He's slowly getting better against lefties.

I like Givens.

We could have traded him earlier in the year for a ransom.

I think you are overreacting on him. He's slowly getting better against lefties.

I like Givens.

Givens has a 1.41 WHIP, allows almost 5 walks per 9 IP and has horrible splits against lefties. He should be at AAA learning how to harness his command and get lefties out not in the big leagues for a contending club.

Givens has a 1.41 WHIP, allows almost 5 walks per 9 IP and has horrible splits against lefties. He should be at AAA learning how to harness his command and get lefties out not in the big leagues for a contending club.

I am sure they have discussed sending him down to work on his splits. Might happen if they feel they have someone better.

I love Beato.

o

18 OUTS: 7 Groundouts (Including 1 Double Play), 4 Lineouts, 3 Strikeouts, 3 Flyouts

YOVANI GALLARDO O (vs. WHITE SOX, 8/05)

IP:l 6

H:;; 7ll(1 Home Run, 1 Double, 5 Singles)

R:l) 2

BB:)1

SO:)3

Pitches: 94 (62 Strikes, 32 Balls)

2016 ERA: 5.47

PITCHES BY INNING

16 (11 Strikes, 51 Balls)

13 (61 Strikes, 71 Balls)

12 (10 Strikes, 21 Balls)

26 (16 Strikes, 10 Balls)

17 (11 Strikes, 61 Balls)

10 (81 Strikes, 21 Balls)