Dexter Fowler Appreciation Thread

McNulty

I was going by an LA Dodger reporter talking about Mattingly and Puig. They said Puig still needs to be reminded things, that they teach our guys in college, cutoff men, counting outs, which base to throw too.

They said it was typical of a Cuban player, to be very skilled and conditioned, but lacking some of the basic stuff.

I wouldn't assume that at all. Sounds like a cheap stereotype that a baseball-crazed island with a large number of players who're all fundamentals challenged.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was going by an LA Dodger reporter talking about Mattingly and Puig. They said Puig still needs to be reminded things, that they teach our guys in college, cutoff men, counting outs, which base to throw too.

They said it was typical of a Cuban player, to be very skilled and conditioned, but lacking some of the basic stuff.

The Cubans do not have MLB or Milb facilities, or coaches. Any lack of "fundimentals" is lack of real, professional, guidance.

MLB baseball is the top rung. 750 guys good enough. No matter what they learned in seventh grade.

He's a slap hitting LF/DH. Not a good combo.

<iframe src='http://mlb.mlb.com/shared/video/embed/embed.html?content_id=387854383?topic_id=33965510&width=400&height=224&property=mlb' width='400' height='224' frameborder='0'>Your browser does not support iframes.</iframe>

Archived