Rickard?

WarehouseChatter

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/25th of the roster, after your plan A backed out of deal that you assumed was done four days ago?

Yes. They tried to add Dexter Fowler because they didn't think they had all the pieces they needed. Now he's gone, and they still don't have the pieces. And, given the in-house options, I don't think hoping for the best is a viable solution. I still only see one real outfielder on this roster.

So what are the knocks on Rickard' date=' what reason did Tampa not protect him? .360 / .437 / .472

Is his defense not good? His slash line would remind me of something that Denard Span would slash, with obviously and inflated BA.[/quote']

Scouting reports say he is fast, plus defensive with glove, above average arm, and decent bat.

So good question, why did they let him go.

So what are the knocks on Rickard' date=' what reason did Tampa not protect him? .360 / .437 / .472

Is his defense not good? His slash line would remind me of something that Denard Span would slash, with obviously and inflated BA.[/quote']

Has little/no power and in 2014 he appears to have misplaced his regular bat and used a chicken bone as a replacement.

Scouting reports say he is fast, plus defensive with glove, above average arm, and decent bat.

So good question, why did they let him go.

I've read reports that call him fast but not a burner, plus defensively only in LF, and light on the arm.

As for the bat - we know he's patient, but that's about it. Without any pop, major league pitchers won't be as inclined to try to get him to chase outside the zone. They'll be able to challenge him with strikes.

I've read reports that call him fast but not a burner, plus defensively only in LF, and light on the arm.

As for the bat - we know he's patient, but that's about it. Without any pop, major league pitchers won't be as inclined to try to get him to chase outside the zone. They'll be able to challenge him with strikes.

At some point you have to prove you can punish pitchers for throwing strikes. If Rickard can do this then he has a shot. Not expecting anything but I think he is certainly worth a look.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Rickard really intruiges me. Who are comps for his age and performance in the minors? Anyone know?

His minor league numbers are very similar to Reggie Willits.

Rickard- .283/.390/.387

Willits- .293/.391/.378

Rickard posted a line of .321/.427/.447 in AAA last year at age 24. Willits had a line of .327/.448/.426 in AAA Salt Lake at age 25. Willits on-base capabilities was actually still very good in the majors. He had a career walk rate of 12.7%. He just had zero power with a career ISO of .044. Rickard will probably end up being a similar player. He's going to have to hit at least .290, .300 to provide any value as an offensive player because I doubt he'll hit for much power in the majors.

Archived