Ubaldo for opening day starter

Diehard_O's_Fan

G

Tillman yesterday, Gallardo today. Ubaldo would appear to be lining up as #3.

Honestly I would rather face Tillman than Santana 4.00 ERA in 2015, 1.13 ERA this spring, and we seem to be incapable of scoring against the Twins. Objectively, Santana is better than any of our pitchers even if he is league average.

Santana threw six innings of shutout ball yesterday. I guess we'll find out in ten days whether spring training means anything.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The way things are lined up now, Tillman would be on four days' rest going into Opening Day. I think Buck would prefer to go that route if Tillman is viable at all.

The way Tillman is pitching that will leave us 0-8 against MINN since the beginning of 2015. Not that Buck has any other choice.

I saw Ubaldo dominate the Orioles so badly in 2013 that I was actually happy that the Orioles signed him.
The veteran Jimenez has been, by all accounts, at his very best throughout spring training after retiring just one batter in the Grapefruit League opener in Orlando against the Atlanta Braves. In two major league starts since, he combined for 6 1/3 innings with five hits, one earned run and five strikeouts to just two walks.

His two appearances ahead of Sunday’s scheduled start against the Pittsburgh Pirates came in minor league camp against the Boston Red Sox’s Triple-A affiliate. Jimenez allowed one earned run on one hit and struck out seven in five innings in the first outing, then on Tuesday struck out eight and walked one in 5 2/3 scoreless innings, allowing four hits.

“The coaching staff, they’re aware of where I am right now compared to how I was last year or the year before,” Jimenez said. “They know me now, so they know that I’m in a really good position with my mechanics, with my pitches, with everything, that every time I get on the mound, I’m comfortable and confident that I can get people out.”

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/blog/bal-ubaldo-jimenez-in-quietly-strong-spring-is-the-orioles-darkhorse-opening-day-starter-candidate-20160326-story.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

o

2 OUTS: 1 Groundout, 1 Foulout

UBALDO JIMENEZ GARCIA O(vs. PIRATES, 3/27) O[spring Training]

IP:. 0.67

H:;; 4 ll(1 Triple, 3 Singles)

R:l) 3

BB: 1

SO: 0

Pitches: 36 (19 Strikes, 17 Balls)

PITCHES BY INNING

Pitches: 36 (19 Strikes, 17 Balls) *

* Jimenez recorded 2 outs before departing in the 1st inning.

Left after an inning? Uh oh, is he ok?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They had him in bullpen pitching some more. I think Buck didn't want him throwing any more pitches in one inning of work.

He didn't have much luck, ground ball into LF and a bloop.

2 OUTS: 1 Groundout, 1 Foulout

UBALDO JIMENEZ GARCIA O(vs. PIRATES, 3/27) O[spring Training]

IP:. 0.67

H:;; 4 ll(1 Triple, 3 Singles)

R:l) 3

BB: 1

SO: 0

Pitches: 36 (19 Strikes, 17 Balls)

PITCHES BY INNING

Pitches: 36 (19 Strikes, 17 Balls) *

* Jimenez recorded 2 outs before departing in the 1st inning.

They had him in bullpen pitching some more. I think Buck didn't want him throwing any more pitches in one inning of work.

He didn't have much luck, ground ball into LF and a bloop.

Roch Kubatko said that he just finished throwing in the bullpen 5 minutes ago (about an hour after he was taken out of the game.)

https://twitter.com/masnRoch?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Jimenez' strikes-to-balls ratio was bad. The Orioles' defense behind Jimenez was really bad also, though.

Archived