vs. RED SOX, 6/1

Sessh

• Replies 926
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did anyone seriously think this would go well with Wright pitching against Boston? It's not Wright's fault the O's got their starting pitching staff in such bad shape that they have him in their rotation.

Just terrible. Change up right in the middle of the plate. Guy has hit 4 homers in the series already. You waste a pitch throwing at him, then groove it down the middle. Just terrible. I don't want to see Mike Wright pitching for the O's again.

It is incredibly stupid pitching. You walk him if you have to but Nothing goes near the plate. if Wright can't do that, then Buck should have just intentionally walked him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It is incredibly stupid pitching. You walk him if you have to but Nothing goes near the plate. if Wright can't do that, then Buck should have just intentionally walked him.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

He is a head case. End of story.

Thorne is a tool. He loves every team the Os play. He was loving KC Boston NY... Thorne really pisses me off.

Yeah, we need someone like Rick Dempsey to really cheer for the O's, even if they don't deserve it. I want to hear more about how Nolan Reimold will hit 40 HR's.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• This seems to be happening quite frequently around the league. Which makes me rethink the idea of giving players early extensions in their young careers. Baseball is a difficult game and no season in a player's career is exactly like another.  Baseball is a volatile game. There's so many things that can happen to a player's habits and mechanics that can change his results in the game. (Speaking of no season being the same, how many batting stances did we see Cal Ripken Jr go through over the course of his career? ALOT.)
    • No. And having said that, Basallo is not known for his defense as a catcher either. He's known as a power hitter. Adley is by far the better catcher. Basallo has been compared to Yordan Alvarez of the Astros. Great hitter. He's in the lineup for his bat and you just hope he can play adequate defense. Any expectations of him usurping Rutschman as an every day catcher is wishful thinking. He could still develop as a catcher because he's young, in which case he could become something like the Royals' Salvador Perez. But I would in no circumstances trade Basallof for Chrochet.
    • If it turns out that Bradish is done for the season or has to spend extended time on IL,  might the O's make the move to sign Trevor Bauer?  He's pitching very well in the Mexican League.  Wouldn't surprise me to see some team sign him between now and the trade deadline.  Just askin...    
    • I wouldn't put it past the O's offense to carry them in a similar way. But I wouldn't want to count on it, either.  (For reference on the difference, looks like Texas scored 5.71 runs/game during the postseason last year. The O's are at 5.07 runs/game this season.)
    • Totally 💯 agree with you . The problem is agents like Boras are asking 8-10 years deals with pitchers opt-outs sprinkling in them .  
    • I'm hoping the PRP injection wasn't just buying Bradish a few months only delaying the inevitable Tommy John surgery. If Bradish ends up going under the knife there's a decent chance we won't see him again until 2026. Bradish was throwing really hard tonight so I'm hoping it's just some soreness from overexerting himself and he'll be fine with a little time off. This isn't encouraging and Elias is going to be busy working the phones for pitching help the next 45 days.
    • Thats why its nuts to sign a pitcher for 8-10 years...they break, all of them, eventually...
  • Popular Contributors