Current O's Starters vs. Traded & Others of Note

rubberarm21

they were linked to him in the media in a number of places

I took a shot and posted something I thought was interesting. just like the majority of posts by others in this forum it was shot down with skepticism and eliticism. I'm done with this site. I just feel bad for the owner that loses unique page views and overall users because of the negativity of the base.

Sorry you are unable to answer a few questions about your premise or data without tapping out.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sorry you are unable to answer a few questions about your premise or data without tapping out.

It's not the questions at all. Did you think this was an appropriate and intelligent question?

"Can I see the Blue Jays spreadsheet that includes Chris Carpenter, Roy Halladay and Noah Syndergaard please? Arrieta does corrupt the data."

To dismiss the recent performance of ex Orioles because other teams have made dumb trades before? No, you were just being rude. There were no reasonable questions that I didn't answer.

It's not the questions at all. Did you think this was an appropriate and intelligent question?

"Can I see the Blue Jays spreadsheet that includes Chris Carpenter, Roy Halladay and Noah Syndergaard please? Arrieta does corrupt the data."

To dismiss the recent performance of ex Orioles because other teams have made dumb trades before? No, you were just being rude. There were no reasonable questions that I didn't answer.

I did. I believe that most teams have their would have, could have, should haves in this area. And I expressed that I felt the data was unreliable because of the Arrieta curve. But the rest of your premise with the exception of Fister and Feldman appeared to have value.

I was not trying to be rude. Let me try again. Do you feel that this is a fair indictment of the Orioles singularly or do you feel other teams have similar tales to tell? I only spoke of those names simply because of the inclusion of Arrieta. It's just my opinion you are entitled to yours.

I didn't intend to indict the Orioles specifically. I do see how it can be interpreted that way. I'm sure most teams have a similar story to tell but I doubt many have paid the price in 2016 quite the way we have.

What I would like to do is compare our rotation this year to some options that were there for us this past off season (or could still be on the team from previous years). I think people on this forum, like myself, would be interested in how those players are performing. I get that the data is incomplete, if there are any pitchers people would like added just let me know who. Also, I can remove Arrieta from the totals so he doesn't skew the overall comparison.

I didn't intend to indict the Orioles specifically. I do see how it can be interpreted that way. I'm sure most teams have a similar story to tell but I doubt many have paid the price in 2016 quite the way we have.

What I would like to do is compare our rotation this year to some options that were there for us this past off season (or could still be on the team from previous years). I think people on this forum, like myself, would be interested in how those players are performing. I get that the data is incomplete, if there are any pitchers people would like added just let me know who. Also, I can remove Arrieta from the totals so he doesn't skew the overall comparison.

I apologize for coming off as I did. I'd like to see it and hear more about it without the Cy Young.

I did not disagree with the Arrieta deal then or now. Jake never would have reached his potential with this team and we had a pennant race to try and win. If it had been any of the previous 14 years, Jake may have been kept on as we were always in last place anyway. No regrets and I am actually glad that he is helping the Cubs win a pennant as they are actually my favorite NL team. Similarly, I had no problem then with trading Eduardo for Andrew Miller. Miller was as advertised, a beast, a dominant presence and we again took a huge shot at the World Series and without him may well have not gotten past the Tigers. I only wish we had the resources to have kept him, but we don't and I didn't think we would when the trade was made. The Davies deal I think was very different for me. I did not want Parra, I did not think that we had a legitimate shot even with his addition and I would not have sent a young pitcher for Parra, period. I think the criticisms of DD for that one are legitimate and that it was a mistake at the time it was made. Not so the other ones, imho. Do I still wish I had Jason Hammel or MG or Feldman? No, not really. They were and are as mediocre as the crop we have already. Arrieta is the true outlier, of course, but the pros and cons of that one have been dissected to death in many other threads.

Nice article on Pearce (miss me some Pearce) and Doug Fister (who Weams poo-pooed):

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2016/06/mlb-free-agents-improved-stock-may.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weams isn't the only one with concerns about Fister and that was before the season, based on how he was throwing last season.

he started out bad and righted the ship, at least for now.

But, like MLBTR said, he still has lots of red flags about him. Mid 80's isn't going to do it, unless you are perfect.

Weams isn't the only one with concerns about Fister and that was before the season, based on how he was throwing last season.

he started out bad and righted the ship, at least for now.

But, like MLBTR said, he still has lots of red flags about him. Mid 80's isn't going to do it, unless you are perfect.

Which is the same thing people are railing against Gallardo for. If Fister had cost a pick, nobody would have wanted him either.

Which is the same thing people are railing against Gallardo for. If Fister had cost a pick, nobody would have wanted him either.

I wasn't for Gallardo either. And no pitchers trying to get right for a year come to Baltimore. No matter how Rene would love to spin it.

I wasn't wild about the Gallardo, but I thought it was doable given up the pick for Fowler too.

Didn't know Gallardo was damaged goods, thought maybe he would be a back end starter and eat up some innings at best.

I wasn't for Gallardo either. And no pitchers trying to get right for a year come to Baltimore. No matter how Rene would love to spin it.

Fister played for DC and needed work, he would have come here. He got a one year deal afterall. Come on Weams, that's silly.

Fister played for DC and needed work, he would have come here. He got a one year deal afterall. Come on Weams, that's silly.

Nope. Your are the one being silly. A pitcher does not come to Baltimore after a down year on a one year deal. You can say it all you want and try to get folks to agree. Not on a one year deal like you keep trying to sell.

Archived