Gausman is beginning to remind me of Guthrie

Frobby

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He throws harder and is younger than both but realistically he doesn't bring much more to a game than Bud Norris or Miguel Gonzales both who the Orioles let go for nothing. Id say be lucky to get a low minor decent prospect for him right now. But what do I know. Probably the Cubs could turn him into an ace!

Lol, that's insane. The stuff is there. Teams would line up for Gausman.

You can't be serious...

I am as serious as can be. I predict right now that Dylan Bundy is going to far surpass Gausman and become at least the solid #2 starter many here kept predicting Gausman would be. He has been vastly overrated here and still is as his projected trade value is being suggested.

Was thinking the same. It's hard to decipher what is him and what is the organization. Our failures with starting pitching minus Tillman are epic.

If Tillman gets hurt...oh brotha....

But what about all the prospects we've traded away?

Gausman's problem is that he is a two pitch pitcher that doesn't throw inside enough. You can say we let him down and rushed him, but c'mon guys develop pitches and work on them over the off season and ST all the time.

Gausman should be optioned tonight because he won't be needed again until July 16th. Just giving him the Chen treatment, nothing performance based.

At worst he is Joe Nathan.

Nathan ever go 21 consecutive road starts without a win? That is almost unbelievable!! Nobody is just that unlucky! Only a Pollyanna type would fail to see a pattern here with Gausman and it isn't positive.

When you can't control anything else (He barely commands his fastball) the options are pretty limited.

It's the sequencing. If you're 0-2 or 1-2 to a hitter...unless they're swinging through it or can't catch up to it...a 4 seamer in the strikezone isn't a smart idea.

It's the sequencing. If you're 0-2 or 1-2 to a hitter...unless they're swinging through it or can't catch up to it...a 4 seamer in the strikezone isn't a smart idea.

Is it supposed to be in the strikezone? A 97 mph fastball painting the corner is alot better than a slider you know won't touch the zone. But again, he can't command the fastball either.

15 Games started by Kevin Gasman in 2016. Of those 15 games he has only had a lead in 7 of them.

And had held the lead just one which means he has held a lead 14% of the time so 86% of the time he has failed to keep it. That is awful- no other interpretation/ speaks for itself.

Archived