The Rays Series, June 24-26

Frobby

I never like going to Tampa Bay, it might not be as frustrating on a play to play basis as Toronto is, but it's downright depressing to look at on TV and probably doesn't play any better in person. No wonder our offense never does well there. Not thrilled about facing Archer the first game back, but hopefully his struggles continue. Just win the series and I'll be happy.

I would hope that the team doesn't let a crappy looking stadium depress them to the point that they can't hit. :P

That said, I do agree that I despise watching games @ Toronto or @ Tampa on TV, simply because the stadiums are garbage.

The O's have struggled in the Trop the last decade or so because the Rays have had strong pitching for a decade or so. Not because the stadium is any kind of barren wasteland for bats.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Depressing field or or not, my brother and I are making a trip up for the weekend games. To show the dedication of the fans in St. Pete, we were able to get front row seats behind the O's dugout for cheaper than box office prices from StubHub.

Added bonus for anyone going Saturday is a "free" Bret Michaels concert. Just means the game starts earlier for me, as I already know every rose has its thorns and don't need to hear the bandana man tell me over and over again.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Britton and Wieters got food poisoning at ASG festivities. Both are doing better and available today. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/orioles?src=hash">#orioles</a></p>— Eduardo A. Encina (@EddieInTheYard) <a href="

">July 15, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Britton and Wieters got food poisoning at ASG festivities. Both are doing better and available today. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/orioles?src=hash">#orioles</a></p>? Eduardo A. Encina (@EddieInTheYard) <a href="
">July 15, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Belichick's at it again, folks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, we survived Gallardo. Nice win, 4-3. Great job by the pen and a couple of homers.

Sort of a textbook win for this team. Get 5 innings of 3 run ball from the starter. Lock down pen for the rest of the game. Scratch out enough runs through key extra base hits. Win by one run.

Me likey.

Depressing field or or not, my brother and I are making a trip up for the weekend games. To show the dedication of the fans in St. Pete, we were able to get front row seats behind the O's dugout for cheaper than box office prices from StubHub.

Added bonus for anyone going Saturday is a "free" Bret Michaels concert. Just means the game starts earlier for me, as I already know every rose has its thorns and don't need to hear the bandana man tell me over and over again.

You know, I'm a dreamer!

Archived