Other lefty starters that could be available

TheEldestTorres

So I'm spitballing here, but it seems like the focus on Pomeranz and Liriano is pretty narrow given the other options out there that may become options closer to the deadline. Here are a few that I think could be good fits:

Chris Rusin (Rockies) - 3.24 FIP this year

Robbie Ray (D-Backs) - 4.59 ERA, 4.19 FIP

Patrick Corbin (D-Backs) - 4.63 ERA, 4.5 FIP

The D-Backs will have a logjam of 6 guys once Rubby returns from the DL, they don't even necessarily have to be sellers to sell Corbin. He is under contract until 2019, and had a 3.35 FIP last year so we would be buying low on a former all-star with a lot of upside. He would still cost, but a better option with more upside than a lot of the other guys people have been talking about.

Adam Morgan (Phillies) - 5.05 FIP this year compared to a 6.55 ERA, just got moved to the bullpen and wouldn't cost as much as a lot of these other guys.

Thoughts?

So I'm spitballing here, but it seems like the focus on Pomeranz and Liriano is pretty narrow given the other options out there that may become options closer to the deadline. Here are a few that I think could be good fits:

Chris Rusin (Rockies) - 3.24 FIP this year

Robbie Ray (D-Backs) - 4.59 ERA, 4.19 FIP

Patrick Corbin (D-Backs) - 4.63 ERA, 4.5 FIP

The D-Backs will have a logjam of 6 guys once Rubby returns from the DL, they don't even necessarily have to be sellers to sell Corbin. He is under contract until 2019, and had a 3.35 FIP last year so we would be buying low on a former all-star with a lot of upside. He would still cost, but a better option with more upside than a lot of the other guys people have been talking about.

Adam Morgan (Phillies) - 5.05 FIP this year compared to a 6.55 ERA, just got moved to the bullpen and wouldn't cost as much as a lot of these other guys.

Thoughts?

I think Robbie Ray is great myself.

Archived