stupid 0-2 pitch calls

Ori-Al

I don't know if blame belongs to catchers, pitchers, or both, but one consistent problem of this team is pitchers throwing incredibly hittable 0-2 pitches, instead of pitches below or well above the zone as they should. Gausman said his 0-2 homer pitch was right where he wanted it, which was a dumb place to want it. Ubaldo didn't try to throw his 0-2 pitch down today, and turned it into a grand slam.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This team has a very low baseball IQ. Pitching, hitting, base running, no segment is exempt. Getting swept by a .500 team without their best player is beyond embarrassing. Iwakuma threw 75 pitches in 6 innings, and two of those innings were extended by defensive miscues. I see no in game interaction between Coolbaugh and the hitters... When are adjustments made? Apparently they're not.

This team has a very low baseball IQ. Pitching, hitting, base running, no segment is exempt. Getting swept by a .500 team without their best player is beyond embarrassing. Iwakuma threw 75 pitches in 6 innings, and two of those innings were extended by defensive miscues. I see no in game interaction between Coolbaugh and the hitters... When are adjustments made? Apparently they're not.

And how do you know that there is no interaction going on between Coolbaugh and hitters? Do you have access to an isolation camera that follows him non-stop throughout the games?

And how do you know that there is no interaction going on between Coolbaugh and hitters? Do you have access to an isolation camera that follows him non-stop throughout the games?

Tom, take AJ as an example. After every AB he puts his helmet up, a goes directly to the OF end of the dugout with Schoop and Manny..Then the next AB he'll do the same thing. First pitch swinging, chasing breaking balls in the dirt. So either he's uncoachable or he isn't being coached.

Tom, take AJ as an example. After every AB he puts his helmet up, a goes directly to the OF end of the dugout with Schoop and Manny..Then the next AB he'll do the same thing. First pitch swinging, chasing breaking balls in the dirt. So either he's uncoachable or he isn't being coached.

Do you know what Jones hits on the first pitch for his career?

369/387/619 for a 1006 OPS.

Seems pretty good to me.

Archived