Getting Jiggy With It: Should we go after Will Smith?

backwardsk

I do think that is the kind of move DD will make. We have done business with the Brewers before. I am not sure we have what it would take to get 3 yrs of Will Smith. Might cost more than the Sox were asking for 2 months of Andrew Miller.

Do we have another Josh Hader or Zach Davies to give them?

More appearances than innings pitched indicates he has been used as a match up guy. K rate of 6.8 is well below his established level as a reliever. Nice WHIP, missed time due to knee injury.

Twitter handle is acceptable.

Dan can and probably will do worse.

More appearances than innings pitched indicates he has been used as a match up guy. K rate of 6.8 is well below his established level as a reliever. Nice WHIP, missed time due to knee injury.

Twitter handle is acceptable.

Dan can and probably will do worse.

Jazzy Jeff?

One where the scouts will have to earn their money, and Oriole physical drama could be in play.

Because fantasy baseball, I've been following him closely this year.

He hurt his knee ridiculously (I think taking off a shoe), and the initial prognosis was season-ending surgery.

He's an Oriole in spirit, as he opted to avoid knife, and try rehab.

And it's worked, kind of. He's made it back. But he was at 94 the last two years, and is barely cracking 92 now.

I think the club is babying him a little, and he's babying his knee a little too.

I just don't see DD trading for a reliever since it seems to be his specialty. Miller was a special scenario. I think Miranda would be good as a Lefty out the pen if we didn't over expose him. This whole season we haven't had the luxury of having a LOOGY. I'd like to see what Andy Oliver could do in our pen, but he's out of options so we probably won't see him until Sept.

Archived