Bottom of the 40 man roster

sportsfan8703

A relevant discussion with the potential of us adding non roster guys to the 40 man. We're going to have to DFA some people probably. Here's mine,

40. Parker Bridwell

39. Logan Ondrusek

38. Christian Walker

37. Ashur Tolliver

36. Jayson Acquino

I can agree with that except Walker. Someone will take him.

They may all get claimed. That's just how I would rank them. You could make cases for Borbon, Janish, Gunkel to be added for the stretch run. Heck we even picked up Chris Dickerson in AA. Coincidence?

I think not. Gunkel might be added. Don't see why Janish might be added, we need to win games. I thin Mancini and Sisco could come up.

A relevant discussion with the potential of us adding non roster guys to the 40 man. We're going to have to DFA some people probably. Here's mine,

40. Parker Bridwell

39. Logan Ondrusek

38. Christian Walker

37. Ashur Tolliver

36. Jayson Acquino

Walker was International League player of the week.

I think not. Gunkel might be added. Don't see why Janish might be added, we need to win games. I thin Mancini and Sisco could come up.

No need to bring up Sisco and Mancini to make a move for them to sit around. They are not better then anyone here and block a spot for 40 man over off season.

Walker was International League player of the week.

It happens. He has no future here. If it comes to it I'll watch him with Oakland at the end of the year.

PLAYER OF THE WEEK

7/23/2012: Aberdeen (NYP)

7/8/2013: Frederick (CAR)

4/21/2014: Bowie (EAS)

5/19/2014: Bowie (EAS)

7/26/2015: Norfolk (INT)

40. Lee to the 60 day DL

Then look at players that will not be with the O's next year and are not likely to contribute in rest of the year.

39. Ondrusek

38, Reimold when Rickard returns.

I don't like giving up on young players with options who have shown some talent.

40. Lee to the 60 day DL

Then look at players that will not be with the O's next year and are not likely to contribute in rest of the year.

39. Ondrusek

I don't like giving up on young players with options who have shown some talent.

Rickard is coming back?

40. Lee to the 60 day DL

39. Ondrusek

I agree. Buck isn't giving up on Reimold though. Even though D.Alvarez should get his AB's. I don't see DD letting go of Ondrusek so fast. If we call up Ondrusek on the 1st he will still keep his option since he wasn't down for 20 days. Or so I think.

Bridwell will get sent down tomorrow. Hopefully for Drake. I like Drake. I would like to see him get more of a look, especially with us needing a 6th inning guy.

The point of this thread is that we're going to see moves happen on the 1st for callups. I have to think that Borbon at least gets added for a pinch runner. You could make cases for lots of players like Janish, Borbon, Mancini, Sisco, Andy Oliver, Gunkel, Beato, R.Rodriguez. Not saying all should come up, but you could make an argument for each one.

Archived