Will the fans show?

Todd-O

Ownership cant make you show up. You have a team in a playoff spot what exactly would you like them to do to make games more enjoyable for you? A competitive team is on field not every team can say that.

AS bad as they have been, they are one of the last ten standing.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm tired of the "where are the fans?" rhetoric too. What other business places the blame of poor sales at the feet of the customer? That is seriously insane. It's the entire Orioles organization's primary responsibility to figure out why they can't sell tickets to a team that's somehow, by the grace of God, 12 games above .500.

There's this perception in the media right now that Oriole fans should be at the park supporting their team, as though we are a different breed of "fan". Baltimore fans are the same people that make up fans of any sports team. We aren't special. We aren't ungrateful. If anything, we've endured more crap than most baseball fans have. Fifteen years of garbage then three seasons of a team who, all three seasons, backed into the playoffs and the bats died down the stretch.

I'm tired of reading about how it's the fans fault attendance is down.

The media who gets in for free. The media when the Orioles sucked kissed the ring of the Orioles. Not many negative articles when they stunk and took whatever the Orioles said as gospel. I guess they did not want to get called into the sports editor office and told to go a little easy on the Orioles.

This series is going to hurt the walk up this weekend.

Friday could have 30,000 or more. Saturday 33,000 or more. Sunday could be bad. 25,000 or maybe a little more. Walkup for Friday is usually decent with the college kids.

Saturday's ticket prices are way more. i guess you are paying for the sweatshirt. Upper box on Friday is $27.00. Saturday is $39.00. Upper Reserved goes from $17.00 to $27.00. LF Lower Box goes from $33.00 to $48.00.

Friday could have 30,000 or more. Saturday 33,000 or more. Sunday could be bad. 25,000 or maybe a little more. Walkup for Friday is usually decent with the college kids.

Saturday's ticket prices are way more. i guess you are paying for the sweatshirt. Upper box on Friday is $27.00. Saturday is $39.00. Upper Reserved goes from $17.00 to $27.00. LF Lower Box goes from $33.00 to $48.00.

I just got two tickets on SH for Friday nights game ($10 each) ended up being about $30 total... my 23 month old daughter loves fireworks... I am not sure she will make it to the end of the game but we shall see. I am expecting it to be busy.

Tonights game and Saturdays game is part of the 29 game plans so I am would think tonights game has about 25,000+ fans

Yea marketing has been God awful this year. What happened to T Shirt Tuesdays? It seems like there has been like 2 giveaways all year. Also single game tickets should go on sale around the holidays not in March. Having fan fest so early last year didn't help either.

Discussion on Norris and Long this morning about fans getting harassed by ushers about moving down into cheaper seats. One guy called in and said they had three cops and supervisors come when he tried to talk the usher into letting their group stay in the otherwise empty seats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just got two tickets on SH for Friday nights game ($10 each) ended up being about $30 total... my 23 month old daughter loves fireworks... I am not sure she will make it to the end of the game but we shall see. I am expecting it to be busy.

Tonights game and Saturdays game is part of the 29 game plans so I am would think tonights game has about 25,000+ fans

The lower bowl from first base to third base is sold out. But Upper Deck is empty. Should be more then 20,000. I guess maybe 21,000 to 24,000. Big Papi's last game here. Saturday's cheapest ticket is now $27.00 from the Orioles. Sweatshirts cost more. You can go to tonight's game for $15.00.

I'm not sure what the MLB's formalized policy on tarp-ing is, but it might be time to consider doing that. Granted, as I was saying, I think that there may be a rule that if you tarp some seats off, it has to be for the whole year (not sure why, it sounds like a dumb rule). If we had 46K seats now, why not just tarp over the worst 10K bloodnose seats, and bring everyone a little closer to the 36K best seats for Mon-Thu games, and take them off for Opening Day, Fri-Sun, holidays, and the play-offs? All of the newer generation markets are well short of 40K seats. Us having 46K is completely overkill.

Another idea is to embrace but structure and technologically integrate the age old idea of moving down to the good seats from the nosebleeds. Maybe let the fan download an app where they could upgrade their seats if they?re not bought after2-3 innings, or the seatholders don?t show after 5-6 innings . They could pay the difference in price, but apply that credit to their next purchase of tickets (less a small $3-4 fee).

In general, more technology integration would be welcome.

The media who gets in for free. The media when the Orioles sucked kissed the ring of the Orioles. Not many negative articles when they stunk and took whatever the Orioles said as gospel. I guess they did not want to get called into the sports editor office and told to go a little easy on the Orioles.

A lot of people on this board hate him but Ken Rosenthal was the last baseball writer in this town who wasn't afraid to criticize anybody on the Orioles including Cal. He would have put Buck on blast for his handling of Hyun Soo Kim and Duquette for the way he's assembled the starting rotation and Chris Davis for his atrocious numbers with RISP. Rosenthal was actually a real reporter which is why he was able to move on to bigger and better things nationally while the other local reporters are stuck writing propaganda pieces for Buck and Dan at MASN or The Baltimore Sun.

Orioles tickets for Saturday are more expensive then Yankee Stadium for next weekend Orioles games. For bleachers,Camden Yards=$29.00. Yankee Stadium =$17.00 to $22.00.

Upper deck down left and right field line. Camden yards= $27.00 Yankee stadium + $21.00 and $22.00. i know it i higher and further away. Also that the box seats are more.

A lot of people on this board hate him but Ken Rosenthal was the last baseball writer in this town who wasn't afraid to criticize anybody on the Orioles including Cal. He would have put Buck on blast for his handling of Hyun Soo Kim and Duquette for the way he's assembled the starting rotation and Chris Davis for his atrocious numbers with RISP. Rosenthal was actually a real reporter which is why he was able to move on to bigger and better things nationally while the other local reporters are stuck writing propaganda pieces for Buck and Dan at MASN or The Baltimore Sun.

Peter Schmuck of the Sun has not been afraid to call out the organization.

Discussion on Norris and Long this morning about fans getting harassed by ushers about moving down into cheaper seats. One guy called in and said they had three cops and supervisors come when he tried to talk the usher into letting their group stay in the otherwise empty seats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably they were being obnoxious and someone complained about them. If they ask you to move and you don't have tickets in the area just move. Why would you wait around for cops to show up?

Take a guess who the Orioles have averaged the highest attendance for from division opponents this year?

It's..... The Rays

Averaged 28,802

The lowest attendance average from within the division is?

The....... Red Sox. So far 23,973. Take out the Memorial Day game it is 21,479.

Toronto was 24,099 and NYY 25,013.

Now I ran these numbers pretty quick but I think they are accurate. So once again what is the most important thing for attendance.

Day of week

Price

Promotion

Opponent

And yet the Orioles continue to charge select pricing for school night Sox games. There have been 6 school night games vs the Sox. All select pricing. Average attendance has been 19,943.

Orioles had 9 week night home games during the summer with no school prior to the Sox playing here in mid August. Those 9 games all classic pricing when school was out vs SD, COL and Texas averaged 23,321.

That Sox 2 game series averaged 26,100.

The recent weekend series vs NYY averaged 28,427.

The recent Friday-Sunday portion of Tampa 28,781.

Tampa had 2 classic, one prime.

NYY one prime, 2 elite.

If the Orioles are actually worried about actual attendance numbers it isn't that difficult to see what matters to Orioles fans.

No one has to support the team by going to games. I don't understand your point. If people don't want to attend games you can't make them. All you can do is attend every game.

Or in another perspective:

[h=1]“If the fans don’t wanna come out to the ballpark, no one can stop ‘em. ”[/h]

Yogi Berra

Take a guess who the Orioles have averaged the highest attendance for from division opponents this year?

It's..... The Rays

Averaged 28,802

The lowest attendance average from within the division is?

The....... Red Sox. So far 23,973. Take out the Memorial Day game it is 21,479.

Toronto was 24,099 and NYY 25,013.

Now I ran these numbers pretty quick but I think they are accurate. So once again what is the most important thing for attendance.

Day of week

Price

Promotion

Opponent

And yet the Orioles continue to charge select pricing for school night Sox games. There have been 6 school night games vs the Sox. All select pricing. Average attendance has been 19,943.

Orioles had 9 week night home games during the summer with no school prior to the Sox playing here in mid August. Those 9 games all classic pricing when school was out vs SD, COL and Texas averaged 23,321.

That Sox 2 game series averaged 26,100.

The recent weekend series vs NYY averaged 28,427.

The recent Friday-Sunday portion of Tampa 28,781.

Tampa had 2 classic, one prime.

NYY one prime, 2 elite.

If the Orioles are actually worried about actual attendance numbers it isn't that difficult to see what matters to Orioles fans.

If the Rays averaged 28,802 and the Sox 23,973 then they would generate the same ticket revenues if Sox tickets cost 20% more. What were the prices someone quoted? If a Sox ticket cost $70 and the Rays $53 that would be equivalent. Or $50/42. Or $40/33.

Archived