O's finalize trade for OF Michael Bourn

xian4

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nope. Reimold batting 9th.

That's not good. It seems like Buck always downplays injuries and it always turn out to be more severe than he lets on. He said DOD was going to be off the DL as soon as he's eligible and now suddenly we learn there's no timetable for his return.

I want to agree with you but I remember him trading Hader, Hoes and a first round pick for Bud Norris.

You are using the wrong trade to prove your point. Norris helped us win the division, Hoes couldn't hit and is at Norfolk and Hader is getting lit up at triple A four years later. I would say DD won that trade pretty handily.

You are using the wrong trade to prove your point. Norris helped us win the division, Hoes couldn't hit and is at Norfolk and Hader is getting lit up at triple A four years later. I would say DD won that trade pretty handily.

Norris was bad the year they got him.

He was slightly above average the next year (about the same as four other starters on the O's that year) and he was bad enough to get released the next year.

He wasn't cheap in any of the years.

Hader was #2 on the BA Hotlist last week so I wouldn't say he is still getting "lit up".

Trading one of Hader or the first round pick may have been excusable.

Trading both was an overpay for someone like Norris.

Norris was bad the year they got him.

He was slightly above average the next year (about the same as four other starters on the O's that year) and he was bad enough to get released the next year.

He wasn't cheap in any of the years.

Hader was #2 on the BA Hotlist last week so I wouldn't say he is still getting "lit up".

Trading one of Hader or the first round pick may have been excusable.

Trading both was an overpay for someone like Norris.

Derek Fisher (the pick), at 22, is already at AAA for Houston.

Archived