Would you trade Britton?

jgjbanker

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And I expect Britton to exceed that figure in 2018.

With him making 6.75 mil in 2016 and not being a free agent till 2019, I'd have to see that to believe it. And again, even if it turns out to be true, it's just 1 year contracts. That's a huge factor.

Britton is far superior to the guys the Yankees traded. Trading Britton and Machado would be like trading Derek Jeter and Mariano Rivera after the 1998 season. Unless DD never wanted to work again he wouldn't do anything that stupid.

That would be true if the O's were running away with the division on pace to finish with 114 wins. But this team will be lucky to win 90, and the playoffs are completely up in the air. If they miss the playoffs you def.have to at least trade Britton.

That would be true if the O's were running away with the division on pace to finish with 114 wins. But this team will be lucky to win 90, and the playoffs are completely up in the air. If they miss the playoffs you def.have to at least trade Britton.

Imagine our playoff situation without Britton.

With him making 6.75 mil in 2016 and not being a free agent till 2019, I'd have to see that to believe it. And again, even if it turns out to be true, it's just 1 year contracts. That's a huge factor.

I didn't say they would be deal breakers. Just that Britton will be making around market rates in his next two years of service.

He isn't going to be cheap.

If you'll guarantee me that when we trade Britton - Chance Sisco is going to come up and hit a home run every 2nd game and put up an 1.100+ OPS - then I will accept that analogy.

Doesn't have to be a catcher.

Yet your statement further proves the point. The farm system is in dire straits. It needs an infusion of talent very, very soon. Duquette punting 1st rounders and comp picks left and right has really hurt this club for the future.

Yet your statement further proves the point. The farm system is in dire straits. It needs an infusion of talent very, very soon. Duquette punting 1st rounders and comp picks left and right has really hurt this club for the future.

Our farm system is lacking talent, but our ML team is competitive and Britton is a very important part of that.

Why should we make moves like the SD Padres, when we are a contender and they are a bottom dweller?

If we sucked, like we did when we traded Bedard, it would be a different story.

I'm sure the high draft picks will start back up in a couple years.

Our farm system is lacking talent, but our ML team is competitive and Britton is a very important part of that.

Why should we make moves like the SD Padres, when we are a contender and they are a bottom dweller?

If we sucked, like we did when we traded Bedard, it would be a different story.

Nobody has time to be bothered with that. They're too busy worrying about the future.

Archived