David Ortiz

sevastras

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You mean like the people with medical degrees who used to routinely give people lobotomies. Or the heart surgeon who was telling everyone they needed stents put in to pad his bank account. Or the Doctor telling people they had cancer and giving them Chemo because he wanted to make some money off of them. Never mind they didn't have cancer. I went to the doctor once and came out with samples for 8 different prescription medicines. If you think doctors are only prescribing whats good for you check out how many people are addicted to prescription pain killers.

And your assertion that steroids is the same as Adderall is based on what solid, scientific evidence?

Chicks dug Pebbly Glasscock.

Pebbly Jack Glasscock was pretty much 1/(David Ortiz).

19th century shortstop, so obviously a white guy. Listed at 5' 8", 160. Regarded as a very fine defensive player, evidenced by his playing an overwhelming percentage of innings at SS - in the 19th century even stars moved around quite a bit because of changing strategies and tiny rosters. Modern metrics back up the idea that he was good with the glove. Won a batting title in 1890, the year the league was all split up and watered down by the Player's League. If I recall correctly he got his nickname because he'd pick up pebbles on the poorly groomed infields of the time and put them in his pocket.

Probably a deserving HOFer, but at this point it doesn't do much to get his great-great-grandkids to make the trek to Cooperstown to honor someone 99.9% of the baseball world has forgotten.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Our gift to David Ortiz, the exact authenticated visiting dugout phone he smashed on July 27, 2013. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Birdland?src=hash">#Birdland</a> <a href="https://t.co/QygTYmW13m">pic.twitter.com/QygTYmW13m</a></p>— Baltimore Orioles (@Orioles) <a href="

">September 22, 2016</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

If Ortiz were an Oriole, you would all love him. Listen to the younger players talk about him. He's like the Mayor of MLB. I don't know what he's on, and I hate the Sox with the fire of a thousand suns, but I guarantee if Ortiz had been an oriole for the past decade you would all be singing a different tune about him.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I would find excuses to tolerate Ortiz if he were an Oriole. I'm starting to get that way with Machado but he's more on a Josh Donaldson level right now.

Let me draw another comparison -- I never enjoyed Albert Belle as an Oriole. I just tried to live through it as a fan.

Archived