Starting Rotation the rest of the way

ChuckS

Based on reports, they just talked for 25-30 minutes. I don't know how that really changes much from a mechanical perspective. So maybe it's all mental.
“You put pressure on yourself,” Miley said. “I talked to (O’s minor league instructor) Scott McGregor the other day in right field for 25 or 30 minutes. We just talked about, there is such a thing as trying too hard. Try easier is what he told me. That kind of stuck to me. Rather than try to be max effort every time, just relax and execute pitches.”

Flanagan was known for many great things during his days as an Oriole player, coach and member of the front office. He often told young players to “try easier.” Last night it worked for the veteran Miley and Flanny had to like that

Try Easier, should be the motto for the playoff!!!!!!

ESPN is showing Tillman going Wednesday and Jimenez Thursday, thus Buck is swapping those two. I suppose this means that if Sunday matters, Gausman will pitch it with Tillman set to pitch the wild card game. And if Sunday doesn't matter, I'd expect Gallardo to pitch Sunday with Gausman throwing the wild card game.

ESPN is showing Tillman going Wednesday and Jimenez Thursday, thus Buck is swapping those two. I suppose this means that if Sunday matters, Gausman will pitch it with Tillman set to pitch the wild card game. And if Sunday doesn't matter, I'd expect Gallardo to pitch Sunday with Gausman throwing the wild card game.
That would be cool (assuming that the O's do get into the wild card game). I'll be at M&T Stadium watching the Ravens Sunday afternoon. So hopefully, the O's will have already gotten into the playoffs by then.

I would so much rather have Gausman in the wild card game and give Tillman the extra rest. I hope he is 100% and Buck knows what he is doing.

Archived