Mental Toughness to be Tested Tomorrow

ReclaimTheCrown

Though they'll never admit it, it's tough to imagine that with a couple run edge against a Yankees team that appeared to be phoning it in, our guys were feeling pretty darn good about the playoffs. Then that happened. That was a horrific choke that I put mostly on Buck, but there is blame to spread. This is the type of choke that could be crippling. Going to need to show some real mental fortitude and come out blazing tomorrow. Not that I don't think they have it in them, because I think they do, but it will be the biggest test yet.

Ugh. Horrible game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I expect the offense to be very tight and pitching will be nibbling not wanting to make a mistake.

I hope I'm wrong and the offense comes out and hits but I don't see it, especially when facing a young guy who we haven't seen much of.

Though they'll never admit it, it's tough to imagine that with a couple run edge against a Yankees team that appeared to be phoning it in, our guys were feeling pretty darn good about the playoffs. Then that happened. That was a horrific choke that I put mostly on Buck, but there is blame to spread. This is the type of choke that could be crippling. Going to need to show some real mental fortitude and come out blazing tomorrow. Not that I don't think they have it in them, because I think they do, but it will be the biggest test yet.

Ugh. Horrible game.

I think they will. Hope they do.

I fear that a young, hungry Yankee team will want nothing more then to spoil it for the Os. The Os will be tight and the Yankees will be playing with nothing to lose.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Shades of what we did to the Red Sox in 2011. Hope not.

I fear that a young, hungry Yankee team will want nothing more then to spoil it for the Os. The Os will be tight and the Yankees will be playing with nothing to lose.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They definitely will be going all out tomorrow. The stadium should be full and loud, it being the last game of the year. It won't be easy.

I wish I had your confidence. He usually gets no run support. This is the time for he and the offense to show up.

The run support for Gausman has improved recently. Let's hope it continues to rise!

It's kind of funny that we doubt that the Orioles can get it done in a do-or-die game tomorrow, but the very best the Orioles can hope for is to be in a do-or-die game later on anyway.

I like our chances vs. a team feeling the same pressure as us rather than facing a team with a nothing to lose mentality. Yankees will be playing loose and looking to send Texeira out on top in front of a packed house.

Manny needs to show up tomorrow, other than the home run he was a liability. Making mistakes on the base path, underestimating Refsnyder's speed, and cutting off the throw to home on what would have been a close play.

I don't really fault Manny on the defensive plays. The play at third was costly, but I must admit I was shocked that he didn't make it. Did he get a slow jump or something? Didn't seem like an awful decision until after the fact.

To me the biggest issue is all of a sudden he cannot hit sliders.

Archived