Should the Orioles move to the suburbs?

atomic

I could see the logic of putting the sports stadiums in the suburbs for some teams, where the cities are so jam packed and full of people and things to do that land is too expensive and the crowds are too prohibitive for a stadium.

But really, let?s face it. OPACY and M&T Bank are probably the main tourist attractions for so many people in the Baltimore suburbs and their only excuse to come into the city. It?s a city that builds around those two stadiums pretty much. And the congestion and crowds aren?t that in Baltimore to start thinking about taking the team out. You could make an argument about the land value, but really the stadiums inflate the land value around them. If you took the teams out, the city would probably really turn into a dump.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I could see the logic of putting the sports stadiums in the suburbs for some teams, where the cities are so jam packed and full of people and things to do that land is too expensive and the crowds are too prohibitive for a stadium.

But really, let?s face it. OPACY and M&T Bank are probably the main tourist attractions for so many people in the Baltimore suburbs and their only excuse to come into the city. It?s a city that builds around those two stadiums pretty much. And the congestion and crowds aren?t that in Baltimore to start thinking about taking the team out. You could make an argument about the land value, but really the stadiums inflate the land value around them. If you took the teams out, the city would probably really turn into a dump.

I went to the aquarium on Saturday it was pretty packed with suburbanites.

This is just me. I love Camden Yards. I have never felt unsafe there. Never had a problem with parking either.

We have season tickets and watch all the O's on TV.

But has anyone else noticed that on TV broadcasts at home you always hear cop sirens during the broadcasts?

That can't be good for a family that thinks going to one or two games is good.

And Oklahoma City built their triple a stadium just like Camden Yards. OKC took the blueprints to Camden and just decreased the capacity size.

Its amazing as well and right in the middle of downtown Okla. City.

Most of the sirens are ambulances since the hospital is right up the street.

Archived