Should the Orioles move to the suburbs?

atomic

The Braves just abandoned a 20 year old stadium to move to their affluent suburbs.

Camden Yards is a fantastic stadium but lets face it most of the fans live in the suburbs. The city has a lot of crime and I am sure that hurts attendance. The city does have public transportation and parking going for it.

If you did move the team where would you move it to?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We live in the DC area. Stadium is plenty easy to get in and out of. I have also never felt remotely frightened.

Nats park was built first - when it was still the "Navy Yard" area and surrounded by a bunch of old industrial buildings. They have since built up neighborhoods around the stadium, which I bet is very expensive rent.

I would think it would be quite different if they kept playing at RFK.

The Braves just abandoned a 20 year old stadium to move to their affluent suburbs.

Camden Yards is a fantastic stadium but lets face it most of the fans live in the suburbs. The city has a lot of crime and I am sure that hurts attendance. The city does have public transportation and parking going for it.

Instead of spending more than half a billion dollars on leaving a city that has become an increasingly popular place to live and work, spend that money on improving education, opportunity and policing in the city. Remove the Orioles or reduce the risk. Your choice.

Are you a day drinker?

No. They shouldn't.

o

We already had a thread on this subject (it has since been locked.)

Is it Time to Consider a New Stadium Somewhere Else?

http://forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/showthread.php/152749-Is-it-time-to-consider-a-new-stadium-somewhere-else?highlight=renovate+solution

I even replied to it. Must be getting senile in my old age. I don't think the Orioles should move from downtown. I just saw the last game was played at the old stadium in Atlanta. Just curious what other people's opinions would be. Guess I can re-read the old thread.

Archived