Going Underground

Thursday, October 6

4:30 PM ALDS Gm 1 AL Wild Card @ Rangers

Friday, October 7

1:00 PM ALDS Gm 2 AL Wild Card @ Rangers

Sunday, October 9

7:30 PM ALDS Gm 3 Rangers @ AL Wild Card

Redskins at Ravens at 1.

Game two at 1pm on weekday?? Oh man, that's awful.

I don't know why MLB doesn't stagger the start times for games to start every three hours instead of having two games start one hour apart like the Red Sox/Indians and Dodgers/Nationals on Friday. If I had it my way, the Red Sox/Indians would be the first game starting at noon, WC Winner/Rangers would start at 3 PM, Dodgers/Nationals would start at 6 PM and Cubs/WC winner would start at 9 PM. Each game deserves the whole spotlight of baseball on them instead of attention being divided between two games.

Thursday, October 6

4:30 PMALDS Gm 1AL Wild Card @ Rangers

Friday, October 7

1:00 PMALDS Gm 2AL Wild Card @ Rangers

Sunday, October 9

7:30 PMALDS Gm 3Rangers @ AL Wild Card

Redskins at Ravens at 1.

Nice. I'll already be there for the Ravens game. Hope I can do a day night inter-sport doubleheader.

I could be mistaken, but I don't think the Orioles and Ravens have ever had home games on the same day.

Do we have to go back to the Colts years to find a day where this happened?

Sunday, October 9

7:30 PM ALDS Gm 3 Rangers @ AL Wild Card

Redskins at Ravens at 1.

Um, has the stadium complex ever handled the O's and Ravens hosting games on the same day?

If the Ravens-Redskins game ended at 4:30, I can't imagine they'd clear out the lots in time for Orioles fans to get in and park. And if the game were to go to OT, you'd be lucky if the lots are even cleared by first pitch.

Am I missing something? There's no way that baseball game is happening on Sunday.

If for some reason you're planning on going to either/both, I'd be all over public transportation.

This is magnitudes more complicated than the Ravens-Orioles fiasco a few years ago. That was a Thursday night game when the O's were realistically eliminated from playoff contention. This is (potentially) an NFL game and a PLAYOFF baseball game within a few hours of each other. That's ~120k people. There will be a few crossovers but it'd be generous to say there'd be even 10k of those.

I don't know why MLB doesn't stagger the start times for games to start every three hours instead of having two games start one hour apart like the Red Sox/Indians and Dodgers/Nationals on Friday. If I had it my way, the Red Sox/Indians would be the first game starting at noon, WC Winner/Rangers would start at 3 PM, Dodgers/Nationals would start at 6 PM and Cubs/WC winner would start at 9 PM. Each game deserves the whole spotlight of baseball on them instead of attention being divided between two games.

I can remember when the WS games were played in the afternoon.

Archived