One stat sums this game up

FanSince88

No hit after the 5th.

I believe taking away the HR, we only had a runner reach second base one time.

It's no mystery why we lost and the sad part is most everyone knew it would be our Achilles heel all year long.......and it was.

Not winning that Saturday game and getting home field advantage killed us.

The Orioles had an OBP of .132 tonight.

Let that sink in a little bit.

Hard to win any baseball games at any level with that kind of offensive performance.

I have another stat that comes to mind. 0.54. That's the ERA of the guy who didn't enter the game tonight.

I saw these stats online tonight as well:

Career postseason batting average

Adam Jones .155

Chris Davis .173

Manny Machado .167

Matt Wieters .107

JJ Hardy .225 (.196 w/ Bal)

No one on this team has that 90s Yankees clutch gene. Yes, I puked in my mouth a bit when I typed that. But remember how almost every Yankee on those teams- superstar and scrub alike- would step it up in the postseason? Our guys are the polar opposite. Regular season boppers who come up small in big games. There have been exceptions- Joe Saunders, Nelson Cruz, Delmon Young, Bud Norris, even Trumbo tonight. But guess what? They all left not long after. The "core" is not clutch.

Quite frankly both team's approach at the plate kind of sucked tonight. 12Ks to 1BB, no one really worked a count or kept fouling off tough pitch after tough pitch to get a hittable pitch. Toronto only threw 146 pitches to get through 11 innings, that's 13 pitches an inning. To put that in perspective, 13 pitches an inning. Toronto wasn't much better.

I saw these stats online tonight as well:

Career postseason batting average

Adam Jones .155

Chris Davis .173

Manny Machado .167

Matt Wieters .107

JJ Hardy .225 (.196 w/ Bal)

I knew they had some bad postseason numbers. I didn't think they were quite that bad.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Archived