Boston Got Hot Way Too Early.

ORIOLE33

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cafardo thinks Toronto will mount a $ run and try and keep Encarnacion. They may not make Bautista a QO and has him linked to Orioles on a potential be year deal.

Batista to the O's would be VERY interesting. He definitely played himself into our price range.

So, Cleveland isn't hot?

o

Absolutely, they are.

They are 13-5 over their last 18 games (10-5 in the regular season, 3-0 in the post-season.)

That may or may not have a lot of bearing on what happens in their upcoming A.L.C.S against the Blue Jays, but they are hot.

I wonder if they get Encarnacion or Holliday to DH.

That would be the obvious move, but the Red Sox have been so burned on bad free agent signings it wouldn't be too surprising if they stayed away considering Encarnacion's age. The might choose to move Hanley to DH and play someone they already have at 1B, or a platoon of players at 1B and 3B.

It was pretty much a shock that they even made it. I was pretty sure that Detroit would be there.

Cleveland had a great first half of the season while Boston had a great second half. Overall Cleveland is quite underrated with talent like Jose Ramirez, Lindor, Mike Napoli, Kluber. After adding Andrew Miller it's not that surprising they were able to take down a very good but flawed (pitching-wise) team like Boston. But a sweep is kinda shocking.

That would be the obvious move, but the Red Sox have been so burned on bad free agent signings it wouldn't be too surprising if they stayed away considering Encarnacion's age. The might choose to move Hanley to DH and play someone they already have at 1B, or a platoon of players at 1B and 3B.

Wonder if the panda bear comes in the play

Too old, too expensive, and not a fit with our clubhouse for obvious reasons.

Depends on the length of the contract. I wouldn't sign him to a long term deal. But 3 or less? Why not?

And I'm not trying to hear that he wouldn't fit into the clubhouse. He'll be welcomed there with open arms. Heck, I'm willing to be that Texas would welcome him there.

Depends on the length of the contract. I wouldn't sign him to a long term deal. But 3 or less? Why not?

And I'm not trying to hear that he wouldn't fit into the clubhouse. He'll be welcomed there with open arms. Heck, I'm willing to be that Texas would welcome him there.

He'll get 3-4 years and 50m-70m in my opinion. Too much for a 36 year old. Especially when our payroll is already probably maxed out or close to it.

Archived