They All Break

weams

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, SteveA said:

Just to clarify, because your wording might lead people to think he was hit by a pitch... He was not.  He fouled a ball off his own kneecap.

Wow, that’s cruel to lose a key piece this late in the year.    It’s like when Sabathia hit Nick’s thumb on 9/8/12 in the middle of a heated pennant race, except that Yelich is far more crucial to the Brewers than Nick was to the Orioles.   I hope the Brewers can band together and overcome losing him.   The O’s went 15-8 without Nick down the stretch (after going 16-19 without him when he broke his wrist earlier that season; with him they were 62-42).

4 hours ago, Frobby said:

Wow, that’s cruel to lose a key piece this late in the year.    It’s like when Sabathia hit Nick’s thumb on 9/8/12 in the middle of a heated pennant race, except that Yelich is far more crucial to the Brewers than Nick was to the Orioles.   I hope the Brewers can band together and overcome losing him.   The O’s went 15-8 without Nick down the stretch (after going 16-19 without him when he broke his wrist earlier that season; with him they were 62-42).

I love Nick, but he also wasnt putting up a 7.1 WAR, thats a big hole to fill.

1 hour ago, Redskins Rick said:

I love Nick, but he also wasnt putting up a 7.1 WAR, thats a big hole to fill.

No, Nick definitely was not putting up Yelich’s numbers.   He was, however, having a fine season: .834 OPS (126 OPS+).     And, as mentioned, to that point in the year the team was 62-42 with Nick in the lineup, 16-19 without him.    So, it was very worrisome when he went down, but the team responded brilliantly.    Still have to wonder if we might have beaten the Yankees in that playoff series with Nick in the lineup.

1 minute ago, Frobby said:

No, Nick definitely was not putting up Yelich’s numbers.   He was, however, having a fine season: .834 OPS (126 OPS+).     And, as mentioned, to that point in the year the team was 62-42 with Nick in the lineup, 16-19 without him.    So, it was very worrisome when he went down, but the team responded brilliantly.    Still have to wonder if we might have beaten the Yankees in that playoff series with Nick in the lineup.

Yes indeed, we will always wonder, what if.