Who gets sent down tomorrow for Miley?

Diehard_O's_Fan

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, El Gordo said:

How many LHP are we due to face in the next few days? That should determine Mancni's fate.

We have back to back lefties tomorrow and game 1 against Boston.

Then Liriano.  So three out of four games when Miley comes up.

Yeah, the schedule sets up well to hold Mancini a bit.  At BOS/TOR is a tough week though - all the bullpen guys with options should have their travel bags ready to go.  If we have the same bullpen next Sunday that we did on Tuesday, it'll be a sign that the week has gone well!

On the other hand, Mancini is highly unlikely to appear as anything more than a pinch hitter in Boston, so he probably would not be facing Pomeranz. Throwing him out there in right field at Fenway would be a daredevil high-wire act. And Gentry has a career .333 average and .440 OBP in 13 games at Fenway. Mancini may stick until the 15th, but it's not a sure thing.

39 minutes ago, Moondoggie said:

On the other hand, Mancini is highly unlikely to appear as anything more than a pinch hitter in Boston, so he probably would not be facing Pomeranz. Throwing him out there in right field at Fenway would be a daredevil high-wire act. And Gentry has a career .333 average and .440 OBP in 13 games at Fenway. Mancini may stick until the 15th, but it's not a sure thing.

I think we'll see Mancini in RF in BOS.

3 hours ago, Diehard_O's_Fan said:

It stinks that Mancini has to be sent down. However, this just shows me how good the Orioles roster is right now. There is not a guy on the roster who deserves to be sent down.

If Mancini gets sent down he will get more at bats and time in RF. I think it will benifital for him. IMO 

1 hour ago, VICIOUS said:

I'm going for the player with no at bats yet.  No not the bench catcher...Gentry. 

Seems they want Mancini to get those right handed at bats

Can Gentry be optioned? I would like to keep Mancini for Boston, but if we would lose Gentry I would rather shuttle Nuno down, then Wilson down for Aquino, Aquino down for Ynoa, etc.

1 minute ago, Aristotelian said:

Can Gentry be optioned? I would like to keep Mancini for Boston, but if we would lose Gentry I would rather shuttle Nuno down, then Wilson down for Aquino, Aquino down for Ynoa, etc.

No. but I think that is part of the problem of keeping him.  Save the pitching shuttle until we need the 5th starter. 

4 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

He has to go through waivers first

58 minutes ago, El Gordo said:

I think we'll see Mancini in RF in BOS.

One of the most difficult fields to play in all of baseball. Tricky layout that causes balls to take crazy bounces and a lot of extra ground to cover. Not very conducive to a slow runner who never played the outfield at any professional level until spring training. You know, they only played Trumbo out there twice last year and that was only because Adam was injured and Rickard had to play center. It would make no sense to throw such a babe to the wolves when you have a plus defender with a .333 BA and .440 career OBP in the ball park. If the Orioles do it, they'll have lost their sanity. I know some of you guys are crazy about the legend of Mancini, but be realistic.

25 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

No. Gentry would be granted his free agency. If not claimed. He's cheap enough.

Archived