Who gets sent down tomorrow for Miley?

Diehard_O's_Fan

56 minutes ago, Moondoggie said:

One of the most difficult fields to play in all of baseball. Tricky layout that causes balls to take crazy bounces and a lot of extra ground to cover. Not very conducive to a slow runner who never played the outfield at any professional level until spring training. You know, they only played Trumbo out there twice last year and that was only because Adam was injured and Rickard had to play center. It would make no sense to throw such a babe to the wolves when you have a plus defender with a .333 BA and .440 career OBP in the ball park. If the Orioles do it, they'll have lost their sanity. I know some of you guys are crazy about the legend of Mancini, but be realistic.

We'll see. Maybe maybe not, but we will see him tomorrow v CC and in TOR v Liriano. If he hits we could see him in BOS.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, OriolesMagic83 said:

I bet its Drake.  Most teams have pitchers better than Drake at AAA.  The O's have a few that are better.  The O's can get an equivalent or better pitcher off waivers.

I don't disagree. But why did they even bring Drake north then? Why not just keep a guy with options to begin with? 

12 minutes ago, Dark Helmet said:

I don't disagree. But why did they even bring Drake north then? Why not just keep a guy with options to begin with? 

And my point is, they didn't want to risk losing him I guess. He's pitched well so why would they want to lose him now when they didn't want to after a bad ST?

15 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I'd guess that Buck used Drake 2 days in a row because they're planning to DFA him tomorrow and he wanted some of the remaining guys to stay fresh.   

So was he conceding the games? If Drake would have stunk, these last 2 wins wouldn't have been possible.

11 minutes ago, Dark Helmet said:

So was he conceding the games? If Drake would have stunk, these last 2 wins wouldn't have been possible.

Not conceding, just getting as much out of Drake as possible before sending him packing. Makes sense. If they had used Wilson today I would have expected it to be him.

Archived