Tony's pick of the off-season

weams

On 4/16/2017 at 7:40 PM, sportsfan8703 said:

If only Thames would have had a good ST in 2014 and made our team. Instead we ended up trading for Parra. 

Thames was never at spring training with the Orioles. The O's acquired him in June 2013. He played 41 games in the minors before the Astros claimed him on waivers in September.

51 minutes ago, PaulFolk said:

Thames was never at spring training with the Orioles. The O's acquired him in June 2013. He played 41 games in the minors before the Astros claimed him on waivers in September.

Same point. We had him and gave him a look. He just didn't do enough. 

Good prediction by Tony though,he obviously changed something in Korea. 

On 4/16/2017 at 9:27 PM, RZNJ said:

Considering he outhit Kim considerably while both were in the same league, I certainly thought he was a good guy to go after.    

To be fair Matt Murton also tore it up over there and here hasn't been able to get a job.

That said, I would have gone with Thames and a pitcher over Trumbo too.

3 hours ago, Camden_yardbird said:

To be fair Matt Murton also tore it up over there and here hasn't been able to get a job.

That said, I would have gone with Thames and a pitcher over Trumbo too.

Murton played in the Japanese League and didn't put up nearly the numbers that Thames did in Korea. Now the Japanese League is a better quality of ball of course, but Thames was putting up crazy numbers and I remember seeing him in BP one time with the Orioles and thought there was something there.

After looking at what Kim did, I just thought he was worth a shot. Obviously the  Brewers were a bit quicker, but I did hear the Orioles were considering him early in the off season.

Archived