Camden Yard Tryouts for Potential Draft Pick

Each year I've read (after the draft of course) that the Orioles brought in potential draft picks to Camden Yards for a tryout on the field. I wonder if anyone on the OH has knowledge or access to these workouts? Both Markakis and Snyder were said to have taken BP and fielding drills at Camden prior to the draft. Neither player was predicted, by the "experts", to be on the Orioles radar as the #1 pick.

Now we hear rumors another "secret" player may be on the top of the draft board. Perhaps we can have someone stake out the Yard for the next few days to see who comes in for a tryout. ;)

A friend of my brother from my town is a senior at Fordham, Tom Davis Pitcher, and has had a pretty solid career IMO. He said he was contacted by all but 2 clubs and had workout at Shea and Yankee stadium. He said the Padres told him they were interested in him in the 9-10th round while most other clubs have told him around 15-20th.

If the O's were to draft him I would pull for him hard even though he is a hardcore yankee fan at heart.

A friend of my brother from my town is a senior at Fordham, Tom Davis Pitcher, and has had a pretty solid career IMO. He said he was contacted by all but 2 clubs and had workout at Shea and Yankee stadium. He said the Padres told him they were interested in him in the 9-10th round while most other clubs have told him around 15-20th.

If the O's were to draft him I would pull for him hard even though he is a hardcore yankee fan at heart.

....ok? Am i missing something?

Our 3rd rounder Hoes was one:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/06/05/AR2008060504146.html

The only Washington-area high schooler selected yesterday was three-time All-Met L.J. Hoes of St. John's. Hoes, whose initials stand for "Little Jerome" in comparison to his 250-pound father, said that he was embraced and tackled to the floor by his father when they saw that he had been selected in the third round, 81st overall, by the Orioles.

"It was a really good feeling," Hoes said. "I'm very happy just to see one of my dreams come true."

Although he played third base and center field for St. John's, Hoes said the Orioles envision him as a second baseman and had him play that position during a workout Tuesday at Oriole Park at Camden Yards.

Archived