Is O'Day nursing an injury?

Going Underground

He's 35, he'll be lucky to log 40 innings. For some reason the O's decided to pay him for the pitcher he was before he was washed up

How long can this team keep winning with the horrible contracts that DD keep dolling out. Hardy, O'day, Davis, and Trumbo will all be below replacement level for the lives of their contracts

16 minutes ago, webbrick2010 said:

He's 35, he'll be lucky to log 40 innings. For some reason the O's decided to pay him for the pitcher he was before he was washed up

How long can this team keep winning with the horrible contracts that DD keep dolling out. Hardy, O'day, Davis, and Trumbo will all be below replacement level for the lives of their contracts

You could have mentioned Ubaldo's contract for good measure.

18 minutes ago, webbrick2010 said:

You must be a hoot at parties...

28 minutes ago, webbrick2010 said:

You are a dead clock.  You will eventually be correct but your acid laced negativity must be endured by everyone here until it happens.  In other news....we are all going to die, one day.

1 hour ago, sportsfan8703 said:

I know he had the flu. He could still be recovering. Just goes to show you how good the pen has been. Basically no Britton or O'day for a while. 

This is a great response.  Yes it does seem that he may be nursing something, I am a little concerned too.  But he did come in the other night in the 9th, so Buck must think he is ok.  The depth of the bullpen right now is outstanding.  To know there are parts of the pitching staff that could still improve gives a flicker of hope in April for a wonderful fall.  It's a very very long way from here.  ESPN still ranks us third in power rankings and noted in their write up that the O's are not scoring many runs and of course attribute the early success to the mark in 1 and 2 run games.  That is fair.

But you can add O'day to the long list of pieces that are not hitting on full cylinders yet along with Manny, Tilly, Britton, Trumbo, etc. and it is not hard to imagine...there is that word again, that this team can play better than it has already.  No they are not going to play .700 plus ball all year.  There will be rough spots.  But this group had a very tough start at least by the schedule and they have taken it on at less than full strength.  The individual performances have been spotty, but the overall result is outstanding.

Congrats to the O's and for all who worry about beyond 2018, (I do too), or for all who just want to complain in general.  Do you not remember how dark the darkness was for 14 years.  THESE ARE THE GOOD OLD DAYS!  They are not guaranteed to us and they are not promised to last.  I am optimistic that this could, COULD, be a special year.  Let's enjoy it shall we?

1 hour ago, webbrick2010 said:

You are wrong.  Hardy will not be a -2 rWAR player.

Why do you always use hyperbole so poorly?  You can easily make a case for concern without absurd statements which time and time again are proven false.

5 minutes ago, dan-O said:

I'm not sure there has been an opportunity to use him recently. 

You could have gone to him in the 8th last night, but why burn all 3 of Givens, O'Day, and Brach in one night? 

With Britton out, you really have to be careful about making sure one of O'Day and Brach are available on a given night, since those are your true closer options. 

Yeah, this about sums it up. Plus it's not like Givens is chopped liver. He's a heckuva bullpen arm in himself, and Hart is starting to really round into form as a LOOGY.

That O'Day was who Buck turned to when things got hairy Saturday should say enough.

3 hours ago, foxfield said:

This is a great response.  Yes it does seem that he may be nursing something, I am a little concerned too.  But he did come in the other night in the 9th, so Buck must think he is ok.  The depth of the bullpen right now is outstanding.  To know there are parts of the pitching staff that could still improve gives a flicker of hope in April for a wonderful fall.  It's a very very long way from here.  ESPN still ranks us third in power rankings and noted in their write up that the O's are not scoring many runs and of course attribute the early success to the mark in 1 and 2 run games.  That is fair.

But you can add O'day to the long list of pieces that are not hitting on full cylinders yet along with Manny, Tilly, Britton, Trumbo, etc. and it is not hard to imagine...there is that word again, that this team can play better than it has already.  No they are not going to play .700 plus ball all year.  There will be rough spots.  But this group had a very tough start at least by the schedule and they have taken it on at less than full strength.  The individual performances have been spotty, but the overall result is outstanding.

Congrats to the O's and for all who worry about beyond 2018, (I do too), or for all who just want to complain in general.  Do you not remember how dark the darkness was for 14 years.  THESE ARE THE GOOD OLD DAYS!  They are not guaranteed to us and they are not promised to last.  I am optimistic that this could, COULD, be a special year.  Let's enjoy it shall we?

Thank you.....Love the fact that baseball has been relevant in Baltimore for 5 years now!

3 hours ago, gmelson26 said:

You could have mentioned Ubaldo's contract for good measure.

4 hours ago, webbrick2010 said:

And, perhaps, the Glenn Davis trade, too, because I'm sure you maintain DD was somehow responsible for that, too. 

How long? Apparently somewhere between four and five years, at least.

And it's "doling out," not "dolling out." That's something a cross dresser does, but that may be the next DD extravangance you assert. 

6 minutes ago, George Zuverink said:

And, perhaps, the Glenn Davis trade, too, because I'm sure you maintain DD was somehow responsible for that, too. 

How long? Apparently somewhere between four and five years, at least.

And it's "doling out," not "dolling out." That's something a cross dresser does, but that may be the next DD extravangance you assert. 

I mentioned Ubaldo, I don't really agree with much of the other stuff you quoted.

Archived