vs. TIGERS, 5/17

OFFNY

• Replies 309
  • Created
  • Last Reply

o

15 OUTS: ) 5 Strikeouts,  5 Groundouts, 2 Flyouts, 2 Lineouts, 1 Caught Stealing

UBALDJIMENEZ GARCIA  )))))) (FINAL NUMBERS)

IP:llllll)))  

H:).ll.l 8))l (2 Home Runs, 2 Doubles, 4 Singles)

R:lll)ll 5

BB:..ll*

SO:l.. 5

Pitches: l) 95 0(60 Strikes, l35 Balls)

2017 ERA: l) 6.52 

2017 WHIP: l) 1.603 )  38.67 IP (62 H/BB)

2017 OPPONENTS BATTING AVG: . 0.262 )  39 for 149

* ) Jimenez also had 1 Hit Batsman

PITCHES BY INNING

28 l.l(15 .llStrikes, .13 l)lBalls)

20 l)l(14 lllStrikes, ll)61 llBalls)

20 l)l(14 lllStrikes, lll61 )Balls)

81 )).(61 .llStrikes, lll61 llBalls)

19 l).(11 l)lStrikes, l).81 )Balls)

o

1 minute ago, Mendoza Line said:

Somehow Chris is still -0.2 dWAR.  I don't understand it.

I suspect (but don't know) that the stat does not adequately take into account a first baseman's abillity to scoop throws from infielders.   I believe that ability is MORE important than his defensive range, as he will have more balls thrown to him by infielders than he will have hit to him by batters in most games.  And I think beyond that, he will have a higher percentage that could go either way (in other words, there will be more infield throws where his ability matters than ground balls; a fairly high % of ground balls hit to him in a game will either be ones that 1Bmen make 90% of the time or ones that 1Bmen miss 90% of the time.  But a higher % of throws will be in the margins where the ability matters).   So if the stat doesn't factor that ability as well over 50% of the defensive value, I think it is probably flawed.

All opinion/guesswork on my part... I don't know enough about the stats used in dWAR to say for sure.

Archived