Deadline Deal Orioles Mega-Thread

weams

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Lucky_13 said:

Next Domino to fall: Zach Britton...Hopefully

Whats the deal w the Cubs' farm? Theyve been trading away prospects at an impressive rate, it seems.

5 minutes ago, 99ct said:

Whats the deal w the Cubs' farm? Theyve been trading away prospects at an impressive rate, it seems.

Yeah...I guess they figure their core is young enough.

Plus they have Epstein the great

4 minutes ago, Lucky_13 said:

Yeah...I guess they figure their core is young enough.

Plus they have Epstein the great

Are the prospects theyre trading generally good? And do they still have a ton left?

35 minutes ago, bpilktree said:

I think the trade I would try to get is Martes, Moran and Aruaz.  Arias and Moran could be the left side of infield in 19 if Manny leaves.

From what I've seen of him I might be willing to trade Zach "straight up" for Martes.  That might sound crazy, but Martes is a "hoss" and under cost control for about the next 4 or 5 seasons.  Let's face it, the O's ain't gonna pay Zach 12-13 million next year to be our closer--just ain't gonna happen.

8 minutes ago, Diehard_O's_Fan said:

If the Cubs get Wilson, is it fair to say that Zach will for sure get traded? It would be an absolute dream if the Dodgers and Astros fight over Zach. I wouldn't be surprised if Zach is traded minutes after the Wilson deal is announced.

It can only help. I had a feeling the Cubs were out there bidding - actually, I was wondering if they'd bid on Britton since Davis is a free agent. In the NL, this puts pressure on the Dodgers and Nationals, both of whom finally look loke they have a chance to beat the Cubs thisyear. 

Wilson and a good catcher just got a guy who barely cracked the top 100 and another prospect who is interesting but years away.  

Is Britton's trade value much higher than Wilson's?  Wilson is also a free agent after the 2018 season.

We certainly aren't getting Francis Martes.

8 hours ago, Lucky_13 said:

I agree completely. The royals are always media darlings even though it can be argued that they won with smoke and mirrors and an amazing bullpen the same way we did. Even when we were playing each other it the playoffs it was always the Royals deserved a world series because they hadn't been in so long when the Orioles hadn't either.

Honestly I think it's because guys like Olney and Rosenthal (who I respect for the most part) have a thing against Angelos while guys like Keith Law have always given the Orioles no respect because they never fit his analytical methods. Not to mention  he thinks our pitching development is terrible (which I agree with). Not to mention that Baltimore sports is widely disrespected nationally for some reason. 

Really though, I don't get the whole lovable underdog label the Royals got, especially since their players are not that likeable at least in my opinion. 

Rosenthal got fired from the Baltimore Sun because Angelos hated him and wanted him gone. 

6 minutes ago, Lucky_13 said:

Cubs return. Candalario is the 92 overall prospect in the league an Cub's #1. Don't know much about the other guy

Baseball America has Candelario as the #9 prospect in the Cubs system and Parades up at #5. Parades is farther away with a better ceiling. Prefer BA's prospect reports than MLB.com.

2 minutes ago, ArtVanDelay said:

Wilson and a good catcher just got a guy who barely cracked the top 100 and another prospect who is interesting but years away.  

Is Britton's trade value much higher than Wilson's?  Wilson is also a free agent after the 2018 season.

Is Brittons value much higher than Wilsons? Umm...yes. Britton just had a season that may have been the most statistically dominant seasons from an RP ever with control through next year. Wilson isn't on Britton's tier. Also, top 100 prospect lists are great and all but I'm not ranking a prospect based solely on a top 100 ranking. They got a guy with everyday 3B upside in Candalerio that is ready and Parades who is 18 with nice upside and another piece. Avila had barely anything to do with that return. 

4 minutes ago, ArtVanDelay said:

Zach's numbers are way better than Wilson's. He's historically dominant. There's some mystery about shaking off the rust, but he should definitely net more than Wilson. If not, I let him try to rebuild his value and trade him over winter. 

7 minutes ago, ISU94 said:

Is Brittons value much higher than Wilsons? Umm...yes. Britton just had a season that may have been the most statistically dominant seasons from an RP ever with control through next year. 

And his value has been dropping ever since.  He got hurt and has a 1.80 WHIP.

Meanwhile, Wilson is having a monster year THIS YEAR.  And has the same control.

Britton's value is still higher, but much higher?  I doubt it.

Oh, and Wilson is significantly cheaper and came with Alex Avila.

Archived