Miley and Ubaldo's last chance

wildcard

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We're going to be extra mad as soon as one of Aquino, Ynoa, Verrett, Nuno, Wright and Wilson do anything positive with another club next year. We're not giving them chances because of these guys. We've all been boxscore scouting these guys as if they aren't in AAA working on things  

We're going to not give Aquino and Wright shots in the rotation because their ERA's are slightly above 4, some arbitrary number.  I know Wright has been hurt but he looked like a different guy when we saw him up a bit ago  People probably think I'm crazy for saying Wright but his career ERA is 5.85  Miley's is 5.59 this year  .

2 hours ago, Frobby said:

I don't see why anyone thinks it's a money issue at this stage.   We have to pay Ubaldo whether he pitches or not.    

Because the O's do not eat large contracts.

You can say its not smart.  You can say its a sunk cost.  You can call it what you want.  But there is very little history of the O's eating large contracts under Peter unless the player is injured and there is insurance money.

1 hour ago, sportsfan8703 said:

We're going to be extra mad as soon as one of Aquino, Ynoa, Verrett, Nuno, Wright and Wilson do anything positive with another club next year. We're not giving them chances because of these guys. We've all been boxscore scouting these guys as if they aren't in AAA working on things  

We're going to not give Aquino and Wright shots in the rotation because their ERA's are slightly above 4, some arbitrary number.  I know Wright has been hurt but he looked like a different guy when we saw him up a bit ago  People probably think I'm crazy for saying Wright but his career ERA is 5.85  Miley's is 5.59 this year  .

All the players you cite have very little chance of going elsewhere and being winning starters.  Relievers maybe but not starters. The O's have given them chances at AAA and they have not performed well.

Now Bleier, Asher and Long have a chance of being major league starters.  I am not saying they will be they deserve a chance to try.

They cut Brady Anderson with a full year remaining on his deal.    They released Garrett Atkins.   They released Jamie Walker.  Those are off the top of my head.    They certainly ate more money on Brady than on Ubaldo, and Brady was a fan favorite.      

5 minutes ago, wildcard said:

All the players you cite have very little chance of going elsewhere and being winning starters.  Relievers maybe but not starters. The O's have given them chances at AAA and they have not performed well.

Now Bleier, Asher and Long have a chance of being major league starters.  I am not saying they will be they deserve a chance to try.

We cant just keep putting the same starting rotation out there. We should give all them a try and Wright also. How can they pitch any worse than what our starters are doing this year?

5 minutes ago, wildcard said:

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

They cut Brady Anderson with a full year remaining on his deal.    They released Garrett Atkins.   They released Jamie Walker.  Those are off the top of my head.    They certainly ate more money on Brady than on Ubaldo, and Brady was a fan favorite.      

So maybe its Dan the does not eat contracts and not Peter.

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

Jay Gibbons.

The fact that Miley and Ubaldo are still in the rotation when they don't even deserve to be on the team illustrates how badly the Orioles need to make trades to get as many prospects as possible. Unfortunately, I'm not holding my breathe. 

7 hours ago, Frobby said:

Bud Norris in May.

10 minutes ago, SteveA said:

Bud Norris in May.

Now that is an interesting one.  They released Bud Norris on August 8th, 2015.   His salary was 8.8m for the year which means he had about 2.9m remaining when he was released.  Sounds similar to Miley.

Thanks for posting this.

2 hours ago, wildcard said:

Now that is an interesting one.  They released Bud Norris on August 8th, 2015.   His salary was 8.8m for the year which means he had about 2.9m remaining when he was released.  Sounds similar to Miley.

Thanks for posting this.

Wow, I thought it was much earlier int he season (I guessed May). 

Memory isn't what it used to be.

On 7/25/2017 at 8:45 PM, webbrick2010 said:

I agree Frobby, he has this cocky persona which is really hard to take from a guy that is one of the worst in his profession.

I really want to see him embarrassed with a DFA before the Sept roster expansions.

Miley on difference between April and May and rest of months: “Like I said a couple starts ago, April and May really weren’t that good. It was more of a luck-based kind of deal. I was walking five, six, seven guys a game, and I was just kind of able to make a pitch here and there to get out of those jams. Deep down, I knew that luck was going to run out eventually and it did and I haven’t been able to put a stop to it.”

http://www.masnsports.com/school-of-roch/2017/07/one-bad-inning-for-miley-leads-to-loss.html

This is the guy you think has a "cocky persona"? Reporters even gave him an opening to boast about his April and May numbers and he didn't do it.

Meanwhile, you "want to see him embarrassed" because he isn't pitching well for your team. Stay classy. Maybe you could learn something from Miley.

Actually,  Ubaldo did quite well today, even with the big L by his name (just 1 mistake with the HR).  Oday and Britton were the cannon fodder today.

Watching Ubaldo, that ball was moving, doing little dipsey dos. That's probably why DD won't release him.

Archived