Now That The Trade Deadline has Passed - Let's Go Out and Win this Thing

brianod

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, Lucky_13 said:

Pretty sure the 2012 Orioles were 10.5 games out in July or something like that. Crazier things have happened

They were 6.5 games back of Yankees in 1st on Aug 2nd 2012. They ended up finishing 2 games back, so they made up 4.5 games from that point til end of season. To think this team, with this pitching, is going to make up 6.5 games on a loaded Red Sox team is dreaming. 

7 minutes ago, TradeAngelos said:

They were 6.5 games back of Yankees in 1st on Aug 2nd 2012. They ended up finishing 2 games back, so they made up 4.5 games from that point til end of season. To think this team, with this pitching, is going to make up 6.5 games on a loaded Red Sox team is dreaming. 

And nobody thought we were going to chase down a loaded yankees team in 2012. At the all star break we were 7 games back. The rotation in 2012 was god awful as well that first half. 

Do I think its going to happen? Who knows. But I think by going with the six man rotation the starters are going to be better and the schedule this month is weak. There's a chance the team goes on a run. 

18 minutes ago, TradeAngelos said:

You would think a loaded Red Sox team would have put more distance between themselves and an Orioles team with historically bad starting pitching.

17 minutes ago, TradeAngelos said:

To think this team, with this pitching, is going to make up 6.5 games on a loaded Red Sox team is dreaming. 

Why would you not root for the unexpected??  Fans have the right to expect certain things from their teams.  To just finish out the season without any heart put into it would make me madder than a hornets nest that just got blasted with a baseball bat.

Dustin Pedroia and Joe Kelly both have landed on the Ten Day DL

Sandy Leon is Day to Day

Steven Wright was transferred to the Sixty day (Out for Season)

Price is not even in rehab game yet.

A couple more injuries to the pitching staff will make them quite pedestrian. IMO.

1 minute ago, thezeroes said:

Why would you not root for the unexpected??  Fans have the right to expect certain things from their teams.  To just finish out the season without any heart put into it would make me madder than a hornets nest that just got blasted with a baseball bat.

Sandy Leon is Day to Day

A couple more injuries to the pitching staff will make them quite pedestrian. IMO.

If you can point me to where I said anything of the sort, be my guest. Yeah I am rooting AGAINST the Orioles, you nailed it! I am just trying to live in reality, and the odds are we aren't catching the Red Sox. You know math and stuff. Yeah I get it...it "could" happen. Lots of things "could" happen. I love when people use that crutch about things that have an infinitesimal chance of happening. 

It's not that out of the question you say! You want to take a guess what the Orioles odds are in Vegas to win the AL east right now? 80-1. Eighty. 20 less than 100. 

Yes that is not a misprint, implied odds of 1.23%. That is ONE out of a HUNDRED times they will win it, according to the experts who have far more skill in predicting this stuff  than you or I do.

You take the 1, I'll go with the 99. We'll see how that works out.

2 minutes ago, TradeAngelos said:

If you can point me to where I said anything of the sort, be my guest. Yeah I am rooting AGAINST the Orioles, you nailed it! I am just trying to live in reality, and the odds are we aren't catching the Red Sox. You know math and stuff. Yeah I get it...it "could" happen. Lots of things "could" happen. I love when people use that crutch about things that have an infinitesimal chance of happening. 

It's not that out of the question you say! You want to take a guess what the Orioles odds are in Vegas to win the AL east right now? 80-1. Eighty. 20 less than 100. 

Yes that is not a misprint, implied odds of 1.23%. That is ONE out of a HUNDRED times they will win it, according to the experts who have far more skill in predicting this stuff  than you or I do.

From an early age I was taught by those that had some experience in matters of life to "NEVER SAY NEVER".  You said that we would be dreaming to catch a loaded Red Sox Team and I was pointing out that they are an injury or three away from NOT being so loaded.  Dreaming brings us back to the NEVER thingy and your assertion that I should not root for the unexpected.  ODDS BE DAMNED

23 minutes ago, thezeroes said:

Sandy Leon is Day to Day

Fans in Boston (where I live) are very worried about Price who has his second episode of soreness in his pitching arm this year.  Coupled with the vague and confusing reassurances coming from the Bosox hierarcy,  this is causing many to conclude that he's not coming back this year. Plus he has managed to create a firestorm of negativity in the Boston media by shouting cry-baby profanities at commentator (and sox hero) Dennis Eckersley on the team plane.

25 minutes ago, TradeAngelos said:

Sounds like a penny stock play to me. 

24 minutes ago, TradeAngelos said:

are you willing to pay 99-1 or just talk about it?

I do wonder if this team has a loose attitude. The one bad thing about last year was we peaked early and just tried to hold on. They looked like toast multiple times and were told they weren't good enough. Perhaps a nothing to lose attitude is present.  

Archived