MLBTR: August Trades

weams

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Our most likely trade candidates would be Castillo, O'Day, and Smith. But the more I think about it I think DD might want to resign Smith this off-season. Cheaper OBP guy who allows our AA OFs to season a little more.

1 minute ago, ScGO's said:

Our most likely trade candidates would be Castillo, O'Day, and Smith. But the more I think about it I think DD might want to resign Smith this off-season. Cheaper OBP guy who allows our AA OFs to season a little more.

No reason they can't trade Smith then sign him during the offseason.

2 minutes ago, theobird said:

LOL. You got me on that one. I would think they would let him go and hold a huge party to celebrate his departure. But with this Management team , you can never be certain.

The owner would be admitting he was wrong.

That doesn't seem to be one of his skills.

1 hour ago, spiritof66 said:

You answered the easy question, but that's not what what he asked! He asked whether the Orioles would allow Crush to be claimed off waivers. I have no idea what the answer to that one is.

I'm very sure they'd let him walk.   Any argument one could have made in favor of that deal has evaporated with Davis' mediocre output, the signing of Trumbo to a three-year deal and the emergence of Mancini.    

Archived