Dan wants to reload, not rebuild

Frobby

2 minutes ago, Il BuonO said:

This is laughable 

Sure, and the O's will likely be a laughingstock for years to come.

Hey remember when the O's let a 26 year old future hall of famer walk for a draft pick?  Haha!  Remember when they didn't want to sell low on Britton?  Haha!

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Can_of_corn said:

Sure, and the O's will likely be a laughingstock for years to come.

Hey remember when the O's let a 26 year old future hall of famer walk for a draft pick?  Haha!  Remember when they didn't want to sell low on Britton?  Haha!

I hope their demise is halted with succession of Angelos' progeny.

35 minutes ago, mdbdotcom said:

Would make no sense for Duquette to say we're going to rebuild going into his final contract year. If there is going to be a rebuild, someone else should engineer it. 

You are correct, sir. 

1 minute ago, eddie83 said:

I don't get the anger towards Dan. I mean I am suppose to believe the most powerful members of the organization -the owner and Buck- want a sell off but let's slam Dan. 

This is an organizational decision, not a DD one. 

No anger. He has done a solid job of competing every year. But the team should rebuild and get return on Manny. If Manny is not re-signed, Duquette needs to be extended or bought out so we can let the rebuild happen. 

5 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

No anger. He has done a solid job of competing every year. But the team should rebuild and get return on Manny. If Manny is not re-signed, Duquette needs to be extended or bought out so we can let the rebuild happen. 

So a lame duck GM sets organizational direction?  I don't give a damn who the GM is, they are going for it. 

This decision lies with people above Dan in the hierarchy of the organization.  

21 minutes ago, andrewochs615 said:

"you don't rebuild in the AL East" Has DD seen what the Yankees and Red Sox did?

That's not exactly hard to do when you have an endless wallet to ease the growing pains for a fanbase. Neither of those teams completely tanked to rebuild. You don't need a firesale of Houston's proportions to remain competitive. This organization is not nearly in that kind of shape.

Pretty disgusting for the fans that paid money to see them in Tampa. Team quit as much as the Tigers.They at least we're losing their manager.Manny and Schoop and the boys didn't give two licks.Mancini tried and a few of the rookies.Hays front side leaks on off speed stuff.He needs to work in that or he will have difficulty in the majors 

3 minutes ago, Going Underground said:

Pretty disgusting for the fans that paid money to see them in Tampa. Team quit as much as the Tigers.They at least we're losing their manager.Manny and Schoop and the boys didn't give two licks.Mancini tried and a few of the rookies.Hays front side leaks on off speed stuff.He needs to work in that or he will have difficulty in the majors 

You weren't there were you? 

Archived