Aside from Matusz, which draftee(s) are you excited for?

Yeah, Greg Miclat is one I want to keep an eye on. A SS with speed who puts up solid onbase % and has some gap power. And at 5'9", sounds like Brian Roberts.

Does he have enough of an arm to stay at Short? Or will he make the move to 2B like Roberts?

Yeah, Greg Miclat is one I want to keep an eye on. A SS with speed who puts up solid onbase % and has some gap power. And at 5'9", sounds like Brian Roberts.

Does he have enough of an arm to stay at Short? Or will he make the move to 2B like Roberts?

As I posted when he was drafted, he is the heir apparent to Brian Roberts. That is if he amounts to anything. I don't think he has the arm strength to remain at SS.

As I posted when he was drafted, he is the heir apparent to Brian Roberts. That is if he amounts to anything. I don't think he has the arm strength to remain at SS.

I have to disagree with this. He had shoulder surgery this year that limited him a bit, but in previous years I've seen him display a pretty strong arm. I think he's got a strong shot to stick at short.

I'm most excited about the same guys as others on the board--Miclat, Hoes, Bundy, Landers.

The guy I'm least excited about is Kyle Hudson. I can't get excited about an outfielder with zero power. He doesn't have anywhere near the upside of Avery (another pick I'm not too thrilled by). Honestly I don't know why Hudson was worth a 4th round pick.

Got this off of Takkle.com

Has the not often seen combination of rare physical ability and an advanced ability to play the game. Another player with ability to play multiple defensive positions, most people see him settling in the outfield where his arm strength and natural athletic ability fit best. As he gets stronger, his line drive stroke should begin to result in improved power production.

Takkle got a video clip of him throwing from RF and doing some batting practice. His swing, and mostly his follow through looks quite a bit like Alphonso Soriano's.

He does right now, but it remains to be seen how his shoulder will hold up over a longer season. He will likely fit better as a 2b that can slot over to SS every now and again. If his bats develops well enough, he's better off at 2b full time. If he can't quite reach the "everyday player" level, he should be a very solid utility player off the bench. He has sure hands and great footwork, especially around the bag at 2nd.

Archived