Mike Friers on the trade market?

bpilktree

On 12/2/2017 at 1:22 AM, phillyOs119 said:

Yeah, I think he’d be a cheap 5th starter option. He was last year, but if his HR/FB rate regresses towards his career average he’d actually be a strong 5th starter. I think you could do a lot worse for the 4ish million he’ll probably cost.

I think this is correct.  But my view would depend entirely on the value of the "other" two starting pitchers that are picked up.  

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On Monday, December 4, 2017 at 8:37 AM, CP0861 said:

Yawn.  How many of those guys in the modern era with HELMETS?  When you have to go back 100+ years to find guys.....and make reference to a bird....you're proving my point.  How many MLB guys since Ray Chapman? Which btw was 97 years ago and he was wearing no helmet....

Half of the deceased players I listed were wearing helmets.

On 12/4/2017 at 10:45 AM, foxfield said:

I think this is correct.  But my view would depend entirely on the value of the "other" two starting pitchers that are picked up.  

I agree. I'm fine with Fiers as the fifth starter as long as he's clearly the fifth starter. If he's of the same ilk as the No.3 and No.4 starter, then we're in a similar position to this season (or at least 2016). I'm looking for Cobb at the top and then a Chatwood or someone else next. From there, the fifth spot can be someone like Fiers or someone we hope can bounce back like Tillman.

On Friday, December 1, 2017 at 4:10 PM, PaulFolk said:

Any time you throw a fastball at someone's head, you could potentially end their career, or worse. What is appealing to you about that?

On Monday, December 4, 2017 at 8:39 AM, CP0861 said:

It's just a different way of looking at it.....a more relaxed and less uptight way.

Sounds like you'd be a blast at a house party.

8 minutes ago, Beef Supreme said:

Half of the deceased players I listed were wearing helmets.

I think you are talking to a wall.  If he doesn't intuitively realize that throwing fastballs at someone's head is dangerous, there is no point arguing with him.

9 minutes ago, Number5 said:

I think you are talking to a wall.  If he doesn't intuitively realize that throwing fastballs at someone's head is dangerous, there is no point arguing with him.

Was he throwing at the guy's head?  The strike zone was closer to Valbuena's head than that pitch.

It's a bad look for Fiers.  Valbueana owned him in that exchange, but that series of events wouldn't keep me from picking him up.

10 minutes ago, backwardsk said:

Was he throwing at the guy's head?  The strike zone was closer to Valbuena's head than that pitch.

It's a bad look for Fiers.  Valbueana owned him in that exchange, but that series of events wouldn't keep me from picking him up.

Exactly.  He clearly didn't throw that pitch to hurt the batter.  It was a message.  I like it.  But apparently that makes me mean and violent and must also be an indication that I've never played ball. 

Btw, at no point did I advocate hurting players or trying to kill someone....that's sorta obvious and goes without saying.  Someone got their panties in a bunch and ran off out of context.....

11 minutes ago, mdbdotcom said:

You tied it up in a bow and set it on fire, just to get some attention. So, you've had your fun. Feel free to piss off.

Hahaha.  Attention?  Right....with my 300 posts in almost 4 years.  That's my game alright.  You're pretty sharp.

You're all worked up and you don't even know what you're posting about. 

Archived